will our defense show up this year

i believe with the exception of maybe Florida our opposing offenses will have gotten worse. That never hurts a defenses odds of improving. Think about all the talented offensive players that left this year.

I watched a replay of the 2001 FL game, where Travis Stephens and the VOLS drained the swamp. In that game, the defense only had two line down in a stance while the rest were standing and moving around to confuse the FL offense. As a result, FL had almost as many sacks on Rex Grossman in that game than they had the entire rest of the season, including 30+ hurries.

If UT wants to be successful against FL and others again this year, they need to devise and implement multiple blitz packages like they did in that game. I hope Jancek and the rest of the defensive coaching staff go back and watch the replay of that game. Chief (at least for that game) was a GENIUS!

The PROWLER Defense. :thumbsup:

The defense will determine whether the Vols have a winning season. The defense's the Vols have fielded the past 4 years have been the worst in UT history, so let's hope the Vol defense is better this year. If the defense is not better, it will be a very very long season.

VN Store

Back