Will Eason start at QB vs Tennessee?

wmcovol

I expect Jacob Eason to be the uga qb vs Tennessee next Sat. Fromm hasn't played an average defense (if ND is the best, they suck on D) yet and has been middle of the road. I expect Miss St size and speed to rattle him some and they realize that Eason's big arm and experience gives them a better chance.

Even if Fromm doesn't have problems with State this week, I still expect Eason to get in the game early vs Tennessee next Sat.

I expect Jacob Eason to be the uga qb vs Tennessee next Sat. Fromm hasn't played an average defense (if ND is the best, they suck on D) yet and has been middle of the road. I expect Miss St size and speed to rattle him some and they realize that Eason's big arm and experience gives them a better chance.

Even if Fromm doesn't have problems with State this week, I still expect Eason to get in the game early vs Tennessee next Sat.

I assume that is if he has returned from injury?

the title had me thinking this was a sure bet, like a report or coaches quotes...but no, just an opinion...slow week and trying to get people off the fla loss huh?

Look at the players not the ranking this early in the season.

Our defense is ELITE. And they'll prove it as we move on throughout the season.

There is no area of our defense that is ELITE. With a favorable matchup and decent coaching, our defense has the chance to be competent and keep us in most games.

Reactions: 4 people

Only an idiot would believe that, and unfortunately, you lead the idiot brigade around here. Our defense is average on its best day at full strength. We are now down 3 or 4 starters, so no, our D is not elite. Just stop it with your fake hyperbole. Nobody buys your act anymore.

Reactions: 9 people
He is dressing out and throwing in practice this week, and participating in film and study. But, he is not listed to return for Miss State. Only staying involved. Play status against UT will still be day to day. Maybe, but not likely. They are not releasing that info yet for obvious reasons. Except that he is not scheduled to play against State.

Thursday Update:
ATHENS — Georgia head coach Kirby Smart maintains there’s “a chance” that cornerback Malkom Parrish could play Saturday, while quarterback Jacob Eason “hasn’t lost any focus” as he continues to work back from his injury.
That was the update as of Thursday morning on Georgia’s two most notable injured players. Parrish, a two-year starter at cornerback, has missed Georgia’s first three games with a foot injury but returned to practice this week. Eason suffered a knee ligament injury in the first quarter of the season opener.
Eason is not expected to play this week, with freshman Jake Fromm starting his third consecutive game. But Eason, who has been in uniform and throwing during practice, has remained active in the gameplanning for the Mississippi State game.
“He wants to be around it. He’s stayed in all the meetings. He hasn’t lost any focus,” Smart said during an appearance on AM 680 on Thursday morning. “He’s been a part of the gameplan, he understands what we’re doing.”

I don't think it will matter much UGA's run game is strong. They will pick our LBs apart for 4 quarters. I don't believe this is your year for SEC chapmionship anyway I believe 2019 is our year

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

This is your opinion and it is HIGHLY flawed. What you NEED to expect is that Eason will be transferring after this season.

Reactions: 1 person

Lol. Thanks mods for the title change.

A whole lotta hyperboling on this site.

There isn't a single elite player on our defense much less the entire unit. Good players make plays regardless of an inept coaching staff. We certainly don't have elite talent at linebacker or defensive line. We have some players who the potential to be very good with the right coaching but that may never come at UT. You might could make an argument for John Kelly on offense or the two offensive tackles.

Only an idiot would believe that, and unfortunately, you lead the idiot brigade around here. Our defense is average on its best day at full strength. We are now down 3 or 4 starters, so no, our D is not elite. Just stop it with your fake hyperbole. Nobody buys your act anymore.

The only significant player we lost to injury is DKjr and his injury only allowed Daniel Bituli to emerge. We actually upgraded with Quart'e Sapp replacing McDowell and Abernathy/Warrior replacing TK.

Our biggest strength is still our D-line. As long as we stay healthy there we'll be elite. I liked what I saw from Shy against Florida. And KMac is turning into a dominant force against the run.

All we need to take that next step is for Jonathan Kongbo to step up. He's been a step late on several sacks so far this year. If he can get his technique down a little better, he can turn that corner more effectively like Barnett and get those sacks. I think he's close to becoming a dominant force.

Reactions: 2 people
There isn't a single elite player on our defense much less the entire unit. Good players make plays regardless of an inept coaching staff. We certainly don't have elite talent at linebacker or defensive line. We have some players who the potential to be very good with the right coaching but that may never come at UT. You might could make an argument for John Kelly on offense or the two offensive tackles.

As long as Butch is here man we are going to have to make some sacrifices. I have came to accept 8-4/7-5 and bowl game is about it for us. It's like dating sometime you got to lower your expectations to be happy. UT's history is exactly that history and that's how it is going to be for the foreseeable future.

I don't think it will matter much UGA's run game is strong. They will pick our LBs apart for 4 quarters. I don't believe this is your year for SEC chapmionship anyway I believe 2019 is our year

If the staff actually lets Bituli play this game alongside Sapp, we'll be great at linebacker.

Bituli and Sapp are gonna be the most athletic linebacker duo in the SEC.

VN Store

Back