Will CRB and the VOLS Basketball Teams host a Midnight Madness this year?

I understand the pr, but he does want the fans to show up, right? Give us something to be excited about. I mean I'm excited, I wish we could skip football and go straight to bball, but I can see why people are not. What is there to be excited about?

I'm betting attendance will go up this year from last.

I understand the pr, but he does want the fans to show up, right? Give us something to be excited about. I mean I'm excited, I wish we could skip football and go straight to bball, but I can see why people are not. What is there to be excited about?

The unknown is exciting, sort of - What sort of team will we see? Who has improved from last year? What freshman can help immediately? What style will we see from RB? I'm excitingly waiting to see the answers

I'm betting attendance will go up this year from last.

I agree with you in terms of closing practice. I just don't see how opening them makes any more excitement around the program.

However I am not sure anyone is really anymore excited about attending games this year. In fact a few I have talked to are looking to unload season tickets

I personally am not a fan of the midnight madness' my self, but there's other ways to connect with the fans, have q&a's on YouTube, use periscope, give us something lol.

I agree with you in terms of closing practice. I just don't see how opening them makes any more excitement around the program.

However I am not sure anyone is really anymore excited about attending games this year. In fact a few I have talked to are looking to unload season tickets

Having open practices on the mornings of home football games was a regular fall highlight during the Pearl years. Having that many people on campus guaranteed you'd have a few thousand drop by the arena and check things out. Created a great environment.

My buddies I go to games with are all much more excited about Barnes, to each their own I guess. Like I said above, I am betting attendance goes up from last year.

My buddies I go to games with are all much more excited about Barnes, to each their own I guess. Like I said above, I am betting attendance goes up from last year.

The attendance results Shouldn't reflect on Barnes IMO.

It's a bad out of conference schedule that brings very little excitement.

Couple that with the real possibility this team isn't very good I doubt attendance rises. I won't put that on Barnes shoulders at all

Having open practices on the mornings of home football games was a regular fall highlight during the Pearl years. Having that many people on campus guaranteed you'd have a few thousand drop by the arena and check things out. Created a great environment.

Football gameday scrimmages are a great thing I agree but closing the rest is fine imo

The attendance results Shouldn't reflect on Barnes IMO.

It's a bad out of conference schedule that brings very little excitement.

Couple that with the real possibility this team isn't very good I doubt attendance rises. I won't put that on Barnes shoulders at all

I agree it won't be entirely on him, but I just know from the group I know which is largely made up of casual fans, there excited to have a known coach in Barnes and looking forward to going.

I agree it won't be entirely on him, but I just know from the group I know which is largely made up of casual fans, there excited to have a known coach in Barnes and looking forward to going.

Barnes is a name that will bring some to TBA for sure.

Mostly the people I talk to have season tickets and wish they didn't Because the schedule isn't exciting enough. They aren't down on Barnes really at all.

If I could I wouldn't miss a game, road or away, no matter how good we are, but yeah, school. Lol

Barnes is a name that will bring some to TBA for sure.

Mostly the people I talk to have season tickets and wish they didn't Because the schedule isn't exciting enough. They aren't down on Barnes really at all.

I bought season tickets one year and decided it was a waste, people were giving away tickets pre game basically. So now if I wanna go I just buy from scalpers, haven't paid close to face value for a ticket in years.

I bought season tickets one year and decided it was a waste, people were giving away tickets pre game basically. So now if I wanna go I just buy from scalpers, haven't paid close to face value for a ticket in years.

Depends on where you want to sit but economically speaking you are making the right call for sure.

People I am discussing sit very close

Depends on where you want to sit but economically speaking you are making the right call for sure.

People I am discussing sit very close

I refuse to sit upper level or in the end zones, so when I buy from a scalper it's sideline lower level, row obviously varies.

Don't count that out... Cuonzo did it and I believe Donnie did it also. It's quite plausible to think they will practice before the Georgia game. That could also garner a bigger crowd than usual.

I refuse to sit upper level or in the end zones, so when I buy from a scalper it's sideline lower level, row obviously varies.

I've always sat in the upper level, financially I can't afford the lower levels, it's always fun though. Especially when we beat UK :)

Wonder why they were closed? Lol. But seriously, if he wants the fan base to be excited and show out, he needs to do something.

I bet CRB has more to worry about than whether the fan base is excited. I am sure he understands that the primary way to excite the fan base is to win ballgames.

I bet CRB has more to worry about than whether the fan base is excited. I am sure he understands that the primary way to excite the fan base is to win ballgames.

That's the constant back and forth in discussing Tennessee. The point is the program was healthiest when the mega promoters - Mears and Pearl - were in charge. The counter point is the Jerry Green years - winning big, but not building fan support because the coach didn't market. I'm in the "always be closing" crowd and that there's more to being a head coach at a Power 5 school than coaching.

My uppers when we beat UK were around 30 bucks. Last year we done some deal and got the auburn tickets for 20 a piece.
The secret to getting a good ticket price is wait till tipoff to purchase a ticket; sure you miss the opening tip, but the ticket salesmen are usually desperate to sell their remaining tickets. I believe I got two 200 level'd seating for $30 for the Kentucky game - which was a good view.

If he starts winning the fans will come.

Winning and getting some big name recruits will get us all excited again. Which unfortunately probably is another year or two away. I just don't feel the same excitement about UT basketball that I used too being this close to the season starting. I'm not blaming CRB, I think it's because of what we have been through these past few years.

VN Store

Back