Will Butch Jones win the SEC East Title as Head Coach @ Tenn within the next 3 years?

Will Butch Jones win the SEC East Title as Head Coach @ Tenn within the next 3 years

• Total voters
Ha. If Missouri MISSOURI folks can win the SEC East so early in their heat of battle in the SEC East (which is weak mind you) than why can't Tennessee do it? We could be this year's Missouri. Florida is not that great, and UGA is beatable. USCe is not going to be as good as last season (slightly less)

Remember Missouri never won a conference title since I was born (1990) and never won the Big XII (in that same time period, I am not so freshly caught up on Mizzou football) however, they come down to this "monster" of the SEC, and win the East? Sure UGA had injuries, and they did lose to USCe, but they still STILL won the SECe?

That my friends gives me hope. Forget the rest of it, and I know there is probably only 10% chance this year, but I would like to think we can out coach Mark Richt and Musloser in one of the next three years and take the East of this conference.

I would at least like to see why you think so.

1. Schedule. Playing Alabama every year adds an extra degree of difficulty. In odd years, they play @alabama and @ Florida in the same year. Even years, Carolina and Georgia are on the road.

2. The window of years is smaller than 3. It's more like 1, because I don't think Tennessee has a realistic shot in the next two seasons. So, 2016 is the only real shot among the available years. Who knows what the landscape is line in 2016. But, as a betting man, the odds are in my favor

1. Schedule. Playing Alabama every year adds an extra degree of difficulty. In odd years, they play @alabama and @ Florida in the same year. Even years, Carolina and Georgia are on the road.

2. The window of years is smaller than 3. It's more like 1, because I don't think Tennessee has a realistic shot in the next two seasons. So, 2016 is the only real shot among the available years. Who knows what the landscape is line in 2016. But, as a betting man, the odds are in my favor

Fair enough. Was just curious about your reasoning.

If not then he won't see the sun rise on the next season,crazy fans wont accept 6-6 this year

I think we can get bama because it's at Neyland, the greatest home field advantage in the sport.

:lolabove::lolabove::lolabove::lolabove::lolabove:

That's too funny. Neyland used to be a great home field advantage but not this century. In the 2000's, UT has lost 30 games in Neyland.

Win the east? Yes I think so. If he hasn't we are probably looking for a new coach. He beat SC last year and almost beat UGA. Florida is probably going to be coach shopping soon and with FSU and Miami back on there game. They are going to have a harder time recruiting than in the recent past. Winning the East within 4 years should be very doable.

I think in 2015 we should have a solid shot at 8-9 wins. 2016 could be the year if this recruiting class turns out solid and the coaches develop our talent.

:lolabove::lolabove::lolabove::lolabove::lolabove:

That's too funny. Neyland used to be a great home field advantage but not this century. In the 2000's, UT has lost 30 games in Neyland.

When you put top of the line talent in Neyland, like Jones is doing, then yes It's the best Home field in the sport. There wasn't much talent the last 7 years and Dooley.

When this current recruiting class become juniors and seniors, I don't see how we couldn't. The amount of experience they will all have at that point. Plus a couple more classes of top 10 or so caliber for depth. We will be the UT of Old at that point. If you cant win the SEC with that kind of talent and experience, then you probably never will.

A Class with 32 Seniors.. We better be at least in the Tourny being stacked like that

Really think good players will stick around a 4th season ? Fulmer lost alot of Jrs to the draft - if they would have returned a 4th season things would ave been different

I just want to see them beat Florida or Bama at least once in the next 5 years.

Well, you're gunna get your wish and then some because starting this year there will be a new streak in the Florida serious and it includes us winning at least 3 in a row.

Reactions: 2 people
I say yes. I think we finish second in the east this year and are primed for an seccg appearance the next. Call me what you want but I think the only team we lose to in the east this year of georgia or sc is the one to go to the champ game. Florida is going down this year neyland will be ready to explode and this will be the game that is looked back on as the game that Butch turned things around. I dont think this year will be a total lose like many hear do so yes butch will get us a championship in the next three.

VN Store

Back