Why you CANNOT root for BAMA 2Nite

This times 100! The smugness of the Bammers winning another damn natty will only be overpowered by the Pats if they win the Superbowl

Nope, Bammers are worse. At least Patriot fans have other things to live for in Boston besides football. Alabama on the other hand.......

I can and I will. I will never root for an SEC team to lose an OOC game..period. Heck, I don't want any team we play to lose any game not played against UT. Maybe its the difference between actually understanding the game and only caring about winning water cooler arguments.

Most of the threads here railing against the machine are just that water cooler arguments instead of real arguments about football. Just like earlier in the season everyone was talking about how terrible Florida and Oklahoma were... How did their records end up? thats because most arguments are based on what someone heard someone say instead of actually looking at the teams. Florida was likely one idiot taking a shot in the butt away from the playoff's.

We are the SEC and other teams in this conference having success is actually good for us in the big picture. If Bama loses it hurts us in the long run badly because it fuels the SEC is not the best argument in the minds of recruits, scouts and the dummies arguing things they don't understand around the water cooler who just might have a kid we want to sign. If they win it hurts a lot less.. Yeah, it helps them on the recruiting front, but, honestly, even in the leanest of years, Bama does not have problems winning recruiting battles.

I notice you live in Chattanooga so I am sure your are surrounded by bandwagon Bama and GA fans. Go live for a few years in the heart of AL and you will quickly change your tune.
BTW, I do understand the game of football and the goal is not to play in the best conference. The goal is to be the best team and win a National Championship. Go Vols!!! And as another poster said earlier, no one is signing with UT because AL won a title.

Last edited:
We recruit against both schools. There is one huge difference.... WE PLAY BAMA EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

I disagree with a lot of Vols fans on here about different things, but there is nothing worse than seeing someone rooting for alabama... tennessee's arch rival... to win a ****ing national championship. Its mind blowing. Their fans are already spreading far into our state, seeing A's on the back of cars, impressionable young kids growing up favoring bama b/c they are winning. Everything points against TENNESSSEE fans rooting for dumb*** alabama. GFTO.

I dont see alabama as my rival as much as i do florida, ga, mizzu, and sc...compete for the east and dont worry about the west until atlanta

I understand the logic behind the pull for the other SEC team argument. I generally will do just that, with two executions. Bama and UF are two teams that i will never pull for. When they play each other I root for "the meteor". It's not that i disagree with any of you that make the pull for the SEC argument, I just don't have it in me to cheer for Bama or UF.

I must pull for the tide, I lived in SC for 30 years and cannot get the smell of Clemson out of my mind.

image.png

Reactions: 2 people
Here is a test....go around America and ask the average person on the street to tell you five things about any state in the union. Famous people, famous places, history, culture, etc. Tally up the results. For every state (except maybe the Dakotas), the list will contain a nice mix of items. For Alabama, there will be two things, football and that stupid Lynard Skinard song. The state has nothing else to identify it or give it worth. These people having nothing else to give them a self identity or pride. Football is the sum of their self image. That makes them unsufferable.

Here is a test....go around America and ask the average person on the street to tell you five things about any state in the union. Famous people, famous places, history, culture, etc. Tally up the results. For every state (except maybe the Dakotas), the list will contain a nice mix of items. For Alabama, there will be two things, football and that stupid Lynard Skinard song. The state has nothing else to identify it or give it worth. These people having nothing else to give them a self identity or pride. Football is the sum of their self image. That makes them unsufferable.

So much wrong with this post.

To me, it's pretty simple. I'm an SEC Homer as much as anybody but I don't want to go through an entire Winter/Spring hearing Roll F$&@ing Tide.

Dude, you live in KY. How many times do you have to hear Roll Tide on a daily basis? Try living in Mobile, AL where you hear it everyday. I even have waiters write it on my checks....that always leads to a fun conversation with respect to a tip. Nevertheless, I still support the SEC during the off-season. I would never root for Bama, the Gators, or Georgia during their regular season within-conference games. All of our teams have yet again proven that the SEC is the strongest conference in the country. Furthermore, the only way to maintain that position is for all of the SEC teams to continue to their domination over other rival conferences (e.g. B1G, ACC, Pac12, etc). If our rivals lost all of their games, would you still have an air of confidence that the SEC is the strongest conference? Like most others, I would say you were delusional if you did.

Last edited:
Dude, you live in KY. How many times do you have to hear Roll Tide on a daily basis? Try living in Mobile, AL where you hear it everyday. I even have waiters write it on my checks....that always leads to a fun conversation with respect to a tip. Nevertheless, I still support the SEC. The season is over for the Vols and they did well. We are the strongest conference, and the only way to maintain that position is for all of the SEC teams to continue to their domination over other rival conferences (e.g. B1G, ACC, Pac12, etc). If our rivals lost all of their games, would you still have an air of confidence that the SEC is the strongest conference? Like most others, I would say you were delusional if you did.

Well Vol fans looks like we lost a fan. You sir have gone over to the dark side.

IMO the recruiting argument is a wash, we go head to head with both of them on a pretty regular basis. The only logic I can see in pulling for Bama is that maybe with one more, Nick will feel satisfied with his record and retire..

I'm thinking this myself but I dont think he retires just tries NFL again or moves over to Texas. He's got to go before Bama slides.:cray:

Well Vol fans looks like we lost a fan. You sir have gone over to the dark side.

Wrong. I bleed orange. Always have and always will. Both of my daughters (less than 5 yrs each) know Rocky Top and wear Vol uniforms during game days. Down here, I am the orange fish in a sea of crimson. Regardless, this is the post-season. The same folks that say we are the strongest conference are the same ones that would be complaining if all the teams lost and our legacy of domination as a conference was over. I personally don't understand that mentality.

I am sorry but I live in the hell that is Clemson country and these fans are bragging so big about ACC football right now and this is needed to show them they are still not in the class with the SEC.

Dude, you live in KY. How many times do you have to hear Roll Tide on a daily basis? Try living in Mobile, AL where you hear it everyday. I even have waiters write it on my checks....that always leads to a fun conversation with respect to a tip. Nevertheless, I still support the SEC during the off-season. I would never root for Bama, the Gators, or Georgia during their regular season within-conference games. All of our teams have yet again proven that the SEC is the strongest conference in the country. Furthermore, the only way to maintain that position is for all of the SEC teams to continue to their domination over other rival conferences (e.g. B1G, ACC, Pac12, etc). If our rivals lost all of their games, would you still have an air of confidence that the SEC is the strongest conference? Like most others, I would say you were delusional if you did.

In today's society where communication is at your fingertips and the mighty SEC Network is on my TV quite often, I hear more than you know....obviously not as much as you. Plus, I work with a couple do I hear in person quite often as well.

I do pull for the SEC, just not tonight. Enough is enough. No need to pull for another ALA title. Keep in my mind, it's not the SEC winning all these titles, it's basically just ALA and 50 years from now when they are still counting titles, you can't wish it away.

Wrong. I bleed orange. Always have and always will. Both of my daughters (less than 5 yrs each) know Rocky Top and wear Vol uniforms during game days. Down here, I am the orange fish in a sea of crimson. Regardless, this is the post-season. The same folks that say we are the strongest conference are the same ones that would be complaining if all the teams lost and our legacy of domination as a conference was over. I personally don't understand that mentality.

I have been right where you are now and I cannot understand how a Vol fan can pull for Bama anytime. Guess we will have to agree to disagree. Wait for those two girls to go to school and hear it everyday, you might change your mind.

Last edited:
I will NEVER root for Bama. Go Clemson! I wont lie. I will probably be watching the game and flipping back and forth to the bachelor. I have to keep up with my fantasy bachelor bracket. #teamlace
Go Vols!

Understood. Just cheer for everyone but ALA 😃 Problem solved.

Reactions: 1 person

George Wallace, Paralympic wash out. :)

Tried to engage a couple of bammers about the game tonight while I was out in Glendale running an errand, it was like talking to a couple of cross dressing truck drivers on Ketamine.

I gave up

EDIT: Not that there's anything wrong w/ cross dressing truck drivers...just not from bamma.

Reactions: 1 person
In today's society where communication is at your fingertips and the mighty SEC Network is on my TV quite often, I hear more than you know....obviously not as much as you. Plus, I work with a couple do I hear in person quite often as well.

I do pull for the SEC, just not tonight. Enough is enough. No need to pull for another ALA title. Keep in my mind, it's not the SEC winning all these titles, it's basically just ALA and 50 years from now when they are still counting titles, you can't wish it away.

In fifty years, I'll be in the ground and football will likely be a game that used to be played before all of the regulations and stipulations related to personal injuries shut it down.

How many times did you hear the NU was overrated because they didn't really play anybody? I heard it a lot. How would you feel if that shoe were on the other foot? We play in the toughest league in the nation and we are already hearing about how the Pac12 would have wiped the floor with most SEC teams if they played them. I hope that I never have to hear that the SEC is a powderpuff conference or that TN plays a cupcake schedule. Root, don't root, I really don't care. What you do is your business. But don't tell me that I "cannot" support my (I don't know about yours though) conference.

College Gameday literally JUST did a segment about conference pride. Every Bama player they interviewed said they have conference pride and they stand behind the SEC. Best conference, best players, etc.

If players have conference pride, how in the world do fans not share the same pride?

College Gameday literally JUST did a segment about conference pride. Every Bama player they interviewed said they have conference pride and they stand behind the SEC. Best conference, best players, etc.

If players have conference pride, how in the world do fans not share the same pride?

Did you expect them to say they do not like their conference? Conference pride is one thing. Wanting Alabama to win is another. Go Vols!!!!

VN Store

Back