Why we missed...

I don't know if it is laziness or confusion. The fact that we held Georgetown to 37 points and LOST tells me that Martin doesn't exactly know what he's doing. We are absolutely clueless when it comes to closing games when it matters.

We closed multiple games down the stretch.

Maybe our coach should have told the team we needed to beat Bama, ( and had them ready to play, instead of giving a half ass effort), instead of telling them we didn't have to have that game.

Do you honestly think he told them that?

The public posturing wasn't needed, but really?

We actually played some good basketball for a period of time; then it seemed they reverted to form.

Do you honestly think he told them that?

The public posturing wasn't needed, but really?

He said it multiple times publicly, so of course the players bought into it. All you had to do was watch the game, to see they gave a half ass effort. Bama was the aggressor from start to finish, and made UT play their games the entire 40 minutes. I for one am sick of you people making excuses for Martin and this team's lack of effort in games that mean the most.

Reactions: 3 people
he meant to refer to the UGA sweep, not ole miss

Sounds about right....the person in charge doesn't even know what he's talking about. All the CCM hate is comical. Last time I checked he wasn't left with and AA Lofton or and NBA pg only a McBee and Hall lol. Our fans are so annoying.

If the Vols put up more "w" from half of the season, we would be in. Vols came in too late from second half of the season...

The Alabama loss is not the one that killed us even though it might have gotten us in. The losses that killed us were Georgia. The committee obviously didn't penalize conference tourney losses as severely.

If the Vols put up more "w" from half of the season, we would be in. Vols came in too late from second half of the season...

Martin coached better too late in the season. Not bashing him at all. Just pointing out that he has done this all 5 years as a Head Coach

Sounds about right....the person in charge doesn't even know what he's talking about. All the CCM hate is comical. Last time I checked he wasn't left with and AA Lofton or and NBA pg only a McBee and Hall lol. Our fans are so annoying.

well, the annoying fans are annoying.. they re just loud

CCM is fantastic and I hope he knows that most of us are behind him and what he's about.

Go Vols!!

If the Ole Miss sweep mattered, then they must have chosen Ole Miss over us to round out the field. They also said Ole Miss was in even if they lost today.

Before the season started, Martin said our offense was watered down last season and simplified to a great deal. This season looked no better IMO. I thought Martin was horrible in tight situations at the end of games. He really has to step it up before I believe in him. He's had plenty of time and piss on losing Maymon being the excuse.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

i normally agree with shaun1985 but losing maymon was a big excuse that the team couldnt get over.cause without maymon there is that much less talent on the floor ,stokes was double teamed every time and not haven good shooters to kick the ball out to hurt this team bad .the only good shooter on the team is mcrae and there were several games he plum dissappeard in.sure mcbee hit several threes in career and atleast one big one when it counted.and everyone said he was deadly when unguarded outside.we all know he may have been a great 3 point shooter in practice but that is it good three point shooter hit around 40 percent if not better and he shot 32% .and losing maymon lost UT atleast 12 pts and 8 rebs a game that no body could make up because stokes,mcrae,and golden if he wasnt playing out of position are the only talented upper classmen and moore has the most potential of the rest.but the rest are at best practice players.so next year barring any injurys UT will have 6 good players.

well, the annoying fans are annoying.. they re just loud

CCM is fantastic and I hope he knows that most of us are behind him and what he's about.

Go Vols!!
It's funny they only come around when something negative happens.

Yes, we need an undisciplined cheater when he returns from his banished punishment. That is the answer.

Without Bruce, we would have never, ever been a player in the top 20 teams. We had never been #1 in the nation before Bruce came here ad we will never get back there unless he comes back. Its not like he had a DUI or killed someone. He had a recruit at his home for a BBQ and kept him there a few hours over the limit. I think Bruce is great and we would be lucky to get him back.

Reactions: 2 people
•struggled on the road.
•ole miss sweep.
•no huge wins during our late season run.
•ESPN/CBS/Everyone hates us.

Per Mike Bobinski (chair NCAA div I men's basketball committee)

The reason we are not in is because again this year we waited till we had ten losses before we decided we had a pretty good team.

Without Bruce, we would have never, ever been a player in the top 20 teams. We had never been #1 in the nation before Bruce came here ad we will never get back there unless he comes back. Its not like he had a DUI or killed someone. He had a recruit at his home for a BBQ and kept him there a few hours over the limit. I think Bruce is great and we would be lucky to get him back.

Stuck in past. Denying reality. He cheated and got caught. He was banned.

I'm done for a few days. This board is inundated with morons with agendas an uneducated opinions. Even if their complaints are legit, their methods of solution are extremely myopic. I'll wait it out though. As soon as NASCAR and wraslin' get amped back up, they'll retreat until our first loss next season.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back