Why Tennessee Fans Should Be Excited About Freshman QB Quinten Dormady - BR

I've been labelled by some as a Dormady apologist and I can respect your opinion but mine is...barring injury, QD is way too far behind Dobbs and won't catch up in one year...he'll have an advantage over other candidates if he's able to hold off Sheriron Jones this Fall in the succession plan post Dobbs...but in no way insurmountable. Should be fun watching whoever plays QB for Tennessee the next six years...LOTS OF TALENT! :yahoo:

Butchna, you could very well be right. I have watched the kid for 3 years. I believe it will be hard to keep his accuracy and arm off the field in 2016. We will see. I was wrong one time.

Reactions: 2 people
Dormady will probably be the backup this year. He will probably not start when Dobbs leaves though.

You had better watch statements like this, KB and Butchna will be very upset if you think QD isn't the Messiah of UT football. THey don't take kindly to other peoples Opinions. But I do agree with your statement but don't tell KB and butchna, they get angry easily.

Reactions: 1 person
You had better watch statements like this, KB and Butchna will be very upset if you think QD isn't the Messiah of UT football. THey don't take kindly to other peoples Opinions. But I do agree with your statement but don't tell KB and butchna, they get angry easily.

Yeah we've used the term "Messiah" instead of your favorite "instant transfer". :lol: Tell you what lil fella, scroll back on this thread and read my response to an avid Dormady fan. Thought it was pretty open minded about ALL the prospects...try it for kicks sometime. :thumbsup:

Reactions: 2 people

Last edited:
You DO realize that you've done the same thing with Jones that you are incorrectly accusing others of.....right?

Reactions: 3 people
Based on.....

Career passing numbers at Tennessee and NFL draft status, I'd imagine KB. :unsure:

Based on the same things you base QD starting on.

Opinion.

IMO JG has more talent than any of them. Jones is a perfect fit, and if not for coming in the fall I think would challenge for the backup spot. I think Dormady may be a little more advanced due to his father being a coach. The others I think may not be as developed the day they step foot on campus, but will surpass him with college coaching.

Based on the same things you base QD starting on.

Opinion.

IMO JG has more talent than any of them. Jones is a perfect fit, and if not for coming in the fall I think would challenge for the backup spot. I think Dormady may be a little more advanced due to his father being a coach. The others I think may not be as developed the day they step foot on campus, but will surpass him with college coaching.

Once again...not declaring Dormady the future starter...just disputing your declaration of him NOT BEING THE STARTER. :yu:

Ok. All four have a 25% chance to take over for Dobbs. Is that better?

Not exactly. At this point in time, Jennings has fallen back. Dormady leads the pack, but Jones has the opportunity to join the race shortly, and could leap in at just about any position. Guarantano doesn't even get to be a part of the race for another year.

So I'd put it, this far out in the future, at:

Dormady: 36%
Jones: 34%
Guarantano: 20%
Jennings: 10%

...for 2017 starting QB position.

A lot could change between now and then, of course. :)

Way to sit on the fence butchna, that way you are right either way. :thud:

Not concerned with being right...that's why I haven't declared anything...Just interested in the RIGHT QB leading Tennessee. Never wavered. :matrix:

Ok. All four have a 25% chance to take over for Dobbs. Is that better?

According to lansford, it's 100% QD this year -- "I have said before that he would be the #2 QB this year because of the Redshirts." That's good enough for me, for now.

However, I can't fathom CBJ RS'ing his true now-#2, again, Yr 3 of re-establishment, after trying it the first 2 years (and after '014 FL being the worst day of his life), so I'm actually expecting this year's true now-#2 to be playing in Games 1-3.

Looking fwd to seeing SJ in Knoxville.

According to lansford, it's 100% QD this year -- "I have said before that he would be the #2 QB this year because of the Redshirts." That's good enough for me, for now.

However, I can't fathom CBJ RS'ing his true now-#2, again, Yr 3 of re-establishment, after trying it the first 2 years (and after '014 FL being the worst day of his life), so I'm actually expecting this year's true now-#2 to be playing in Games 1-3.

Looking fwd to seeing SJ in Knoxville.

I am also looking forward to Sheriron Jones to be on campus and playing football.

If Dormady is the #2 QB(which I think he will be on the depth chart) and Dobbs goes down to injury(heaven forbid) that CBJ will go with Dormady but if he underperforms don't be surprised to see him pull the RS on the #3 QB because he wants to win now, especially if it is an season ending injury. I hope none of this happens and we are all arguing about the same thing for 2 more years before either of the freshmen have to play a meaningful snap so Dobbs can stay healthy and our season be a great success. We can always argue about this next offseason and the next until Dobbs is no longer the QB at UT, by then there will be atleast 2 more QBs in the mix so that should be fun. Go Vols!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back