Why only March Matters...

cruel? ok, lets give all 64 teams a trophy, make em all winners and let's not hurt any feelings. No one forces anyone to participate. If your school wins the regular season...not tournament, they can pass on the post season activity and bask in the sunshine of the regular season championship because that's what matters in the scheme of things IMHO...but the tournament is just that; an opportunity to see who can last six games without getting beat. Fans & media are the ones that get their panties in a wad over losing to a lower seed team. Cruel? dayum! let the snowflakes play a special round robin tourney and have cake & ice cream (lactose free, of course).

Okay chief, calm down.

The KY I've watched this season isn't a lock to beat Kansas St.

LC is a mirror image of TN in the next 2 years.
A coach that gets the most from his players.
No top 100 talent.
Their defensive efficiency rating was better than ours.
Juniors and Seniors except for williamson.
I'd love to see them do it. it's what MM is all about.

Plus Krutwig

I would rather be SEC champions and lose in second round than Sweet 16 or even Elite 8 with an at-large berth. Final Four, however, is a different matter.

Got a good matchup?

They beat Carolina in Charlotte

Yep, previous poster must be smoking something. We (A&M) just beat the defending national champions by 21 points in their own state. They had previously only lost one game in the state of North Carolina in the NCAA tournament in their history

So, yes, of course that was a favorable draw.

I’d take an elite eight over an outright SEC regular season championship, and a sweet 16 over co SEC regular season championship.

You get a ring for four things - conference regular season, conference tourney, regional champion, and natty. There is no ring for Elite 8.

VN Store

Back