Why no new commitments?

Great post. It is all about you. Everything orange revolves around pleasing you and feeding your hunger for news.

How dare these young men not give you what you want!

J/K... It is hard to be patient with this process. It is frustrating generally and even more so of late. I don't think any of us like where the Vol program is right now. But it is where it is so you best learn to have some patience.

Maybe Jones pulls off some big surprises. But my experience of watching this process is that there aren't all that many surprises. If you get your hopes up then you just set yourself up to be bitter toward Jones when he doesn't fulfill them as soon as you would like.

The most likely "good" scenario is that Jones takes what was left to him and wins some games. Somewhere along the way next fall he beats a team or two that he should not have beaten proving he can outcoach a successful SEC coach. Then he has credibility to go tell a kid that he's a better coach and only needs better players.

Franklin is getting players because Vandy's record looks better than it used to. Thumping UT was a pretty big deal for them regardless of the reason. He has credibility now and it shows in better recruiting. If you really look at what he's done... it is an illusion. He won 9 games. Two were vs UMass and Presbyterian. Of the remaining 7, only two finished with winning records and both of those were 7-6 (NCSU, Ole Miss). Three of the teams they beat were so subpar that their coaches were fired.

There's only one solution to the recruiting issues UT is having. Jones has to WIN.

I think it was actually 4 coaches fired Chizik, Joker, Dooley and O'Brien. The teams Vanderbilt beat had a combined record of 26-69. A win over the worst Tennessee team in modern history is all they really have to hang their hat on.

I think it was actually 4 coaches fired Chizik, Joker, Dooley and O'Brien. The teams Vanderbilt beat had a combined record of 26-69. A win over the worst Tennessee team in modern history is all they really have to hang their hat on.

Thank you sir for the correction.:hi:

"Vandy may not often win, but when they do coaches get fired."

Reactions: 2 people
Seriously. What's the deal? We've got 16 commits a week from NSD. This is either going to end terribly or Jones has a trick up his sleeve.

Hey wise guy... if you don't like my "pearls" then by all means use the ignore button. II am not sure I have even responded to you unless you're another coward who changed their screen name to escape past remarks. I am really not sure what compelled you to take a shot at me.

I didn't choose Jones. I didn't advise Chuckie to say no. I didn't make Fulmer get lazy. I didn't make Kiffin a jerk... and I didn't have anything to do with Dooley's abject failure as a game day coach. But I guess you know (and are ready and able to pay) that "SEC level winning coach" just dying to put his future career fortunes on the situation in K'ville, right? By all means, please tell us who that guy was and what his price is. You make it sound like you KNOW that UT didn't make a run on other coaches. You don't know that. In all likelihood... THEY DID. You cannot make someone say yes and you don't pay Saban level money for a non-Saban level coach.

They tried to get Strong. He said no. They tried Gruden. He said no in embarrassing fashion. They went after Fisher. He politely said to get lost. Those guys we know were pursued. Jones said yes to the job and is being paid his market value.

And FTR... here's a list of coaches who look good right now. Tell me which ones were "SEC level winning" coaches when they first took an SEC job: Saban, Miles, Freeze, Franklin, Richt, Muschamp, Malzahn, Mullen, Spurrier, and Sumlin.

Arkansas is the only one you can say hired a coach of that "caliber" and the open rumor is that his team was actually run by the AD.

Worth a like and a bump. Well said sjt,,well said.

Typical need it now attitude.

It reminds me of a joke where a young and old bull were standing on a hill looking down at hundreds of cows. The young bull says "Let's charge down and get us one." The old bull says " Let's walk down the hill and get them all".

Cant believe I just read that. For years as a child my dad would chuckle about whatever stupid thing I was doing and say "difference between running and walking."

When I was old enough to understand, I heard this same story lol...

I know...CSB

Great post. It is all about you. Everything orange revolves around pleasing you and feeding your hunger for news.

How dare these young men not give you what you want!

J/K... It is hard to be patient with this process. It is frustrating generally and even more so of late. I don't think any of us like where the Vol program is right now. But it is where it is so you best learn to have some patience.

Maybe Jones pulls off some big surprises. But my experience of watching this process is that there aren't all that many surprises. If you get your hopes up then you just set yourself up to be bitter toward Jones when he doesn't fulfill them as soon as you would like.

The most likely "good" scenario is that Jones takes what was left to him and wins some games. Somewhere along the way next fall he beats a team or two that he should not have beaten proving he can outcoach a successful SEC coach. Then he has credibility to go tell a kid that he's a better coach and only needs better players.

Franklin is getting players because Vandy's record looks better than it used to. Thumping UT was a pretty big deal for them regardless of the reason. He has credibility now and it shows in better recruiting. If you really look at what he's done... it is an illusion. He won 9 games. Two were vs UMass and Presbyterian. Of the remaining 7, only two finished with winning records and both of those were 7-6 (NCSU, Ole Miss). Three of the teams they beat were so subpar that their coaches were fired.

There's only one solution to the recruiting issues UT is having. Jones has to WIN.

Reasonable. Logical. Truth.

Call me crazy but I feel good about our chances with Lawson and Bellamy, I think we get both.

I just read my ESPN insider account and Lawson talked and talked about UT and how Peyton Manning is his idol. Lawson said that a lot of programs have good facilities, but Tennessee
has special facilities. He goes on to talk about our crazy fan base and rich tradition.

Lawson talks with excitement when talking about Tennessee and says very little about Clemson and Auburn.

Bellamy on the other hand decommitted tonight from Florida State after an in-home visit from , you guessed it , coach Jones and company. Bellamy claims Georgia is the leader but I'm not buying it.

I tried to copy and paste some of this info but I'm at work and my tablet is not cooperating with me. Oh yeah one more thing, my opinion concerning Vonn Bell.

Vonn Bell on the other hand seems less enthusiastic about UT than the aforementioned recruits. When he took his Bama visit, he and his parents ate Breakfast and dinner with Coach Saban at Saban's house. As much as I hate to say it I think he is Bama bound, hope I'm wrong.

GBO

Last edited:

VN Store

Back