Why is Maryville HS so Good?

You're arguing exactly what they argue; when you play them, 1 game a year, you win. It's a moot point because it won't happen, but does Maryville walk into the playoffs as a 1 seed and home field advantage all 3-4 rounds if they were in these other regions? That's what changes things. As an outsider I look at it and wonder if Maryville would be in the title game EVERY YEAR. Can you beat 3 of them in a row on their field?

Y'all Maryville folks are a testy bunch.

Poor Fella ... did someone from Murvil Kick sand in your face and Steal your Girl ? I love seeing grown men get all Butt hurt over a High School Football team that routinely beats teams with much more Talent ... We need to fire our head recruiter , how Many D1's did we have last year ?

Somebody from Knoxville tell me...do all the kids who play there actually live there? What are the rules? Are there special waivers for Maryville?

Somebody from Knoxville tell me...do all the kids who play there actually live there? What are the rules? Are there special waivers for Maryville?

Maryville High School does have a tuition program for kids that do not reside within MHS zoning. It is around 2K / year. it isn't a guaranteed slot, depends on many factors.

I don't know how many players might utilize this program. Many parents in Blount County have paid in the past just to keep their kids out of county schools.

Maryville High School does have a tuition program for kids that do not reside within MHS zoning. It is around 2K / year. it isn't a guaranteed slot, depends on many factors.

I don't know how many players might utilize this program. Many parents in Blount County have paid in the past just to keep their kids out of county schools.

Cool thanks. Love to see Maryville play BA, MBA, MUS and Louisville Trinity like teams. If not those exact teams. There would be many more "L's" if they did. A healthy way to measure how good you really are.

The difference between Maryville and the Rutherford/Williamson Co schools is having to bring it almost every week IMO. I'm not from TN and don't have kids so I have no vested interest either way. I spent the past 3 years living in Maury Co and have followed middle TN high schools as a result and followed east TN high schools to an extent when I attended UT.

I see what equates to an SEC type schedule for the Ravenwood's and Blackman's of the TN HS football world and an ACC schedule for Maryville. They don't have that grind every week. You slip up against William Blount you win by 21 compared to 35. Either way, you end up as the top seed, have home field advantage throughout the playoffs and have the ability to rest, recover etc. Maryville can clearly hang with any of the 6A teams in the state, but the road wouldn't be as easy outside of east TN.

I think that's the point those outside of the Maryville family try to make but maybe it's conveyed poorly.

This just sounds like the same excuse that the fans of these teams make every year. Maryville will go to play there or they will come to Maryville, but the outcome is the same. Maryville wins. I am a Fulton grad and Fulton fan, but I have the utmost respect for what Quarles is able to accomplish year in and year out.

This just sounds like the same excuse that the fans of these teams make every year. Maryville will go to play there or they will come to Maryville, but the outcome is the same. Maryville wins. I am a Fulton grad and Fulton fan, but I have the utmost respect for what Quarles is able to accomplish year in and year out.

I agree... People have been saying this for years

VN Store

Back