why is everyone looking past Dormady 2017?

ice

Pro 2A - GOA & NRA member
From what I have seen of him, he looks pretty accurate.
Is he not next in line for the quarterback job?.
Is there something wrong with him I do not know about?.

Reactions: 5 people
I think both are talented and will be one of the more interesting things to watch through spring, the QB battle.

Reactions: 14 people
We'll have an "open competition" which ensures that neither QD nor JG will get enough reps with the 1s to develop chemistry going into the fall....

Reactions: 4 people
It's easy.

If Dormady can't beat out Dobbs within 2 years how can he lead UT going forward?

Blue font used.

Reactions: 3 people
My opinion is that QD is talented, but fits a pro-style system. JG fits Butch's spread offense and is a natural fit. QD just doesn't have the same skill set as JG to be a runner that Butch's system needs to succeed.

Reactions: 10 people
QD will probably be the qb when the season starts, and will keep the job unless he stinks up the joint, or gets hurt.

I hope that whoever the next quarterback is not only is accurate and makes the throws but makes the right throws.

Reactions: 1 person
QD will probably be the qb when the season starts, and will keep the job unless he stinks up the joint, or gets hurt.

I agree with this, except I'm not sure he will lose the job even if he stinks it up.

No one is overlooking him. All the reports just say that JG is more talented throwing and running. They also say he has more leadership ability. QD apparently just has a better player that will play before him.

I would like to see CBJ hire a dedicated, knowledgeable, and experienced QB coach. I would expect him to grade and evaluate QB candidates and make a report to CBJ for decision.

QD is a talented pro style QB. Since we have hot garbage for our OL, he is going to take a pounding. JG stands a slightly better chance of survival.

who knows. At this rate, Rudolph the red nosed reindeer might start.

Because fans like to fantasise over the unknown. JG who hasn't thrown a single pass yet becomes a superhero of the fantasy. QD, who got few snaps at QB and did decent, becomes nothing in front of apparent saviour JG !!

Flip the script, if JG had thrown those 4-5 passes in Mop Up and QD had redshirted, everyone would be talking about QD being the next Sheriff !!

Reactions: 6 people
I think it comes from the fact that we have already seen how this offense functions when there is zero threat of the QB tucking the ball on the zone read.

I would like to see CBJ hire a dedicated, knowledgeable, and experienced QB coach. I would expect him to grade and evaluate QB candidates and make a report to CBJ for decision.

Why not approach Peyton to see if he would work with qb's since he has left the door open to being involved in the program in some way. I don't believe the staff has been very efficient in developing the talent. Case in point: look at what Nathan Peterman has done after going to Pitt.

Reactions: 2 people
I think it comes from the fact that we have already seen how this offense functions when there is zero threat of the QB tucking the ball on the zone read.
You may be surprised what opens up when you have a qb that they trust to throw it down the field.

Reactions: 2 people

Because the Freshman 4 star who hasn't seen an SEC field is ALWAYS better than the experienced junior that's played multiple games and has 2 seasons of conditioning and learning the playbook under his belt.

Reactions: 5 people
We'll have an "open competition" which ensures that neither QD nor JG will get enough reps with the 1s to develop chemistry going into the fall....

Or have time to transfer out.

VN Store

Back