Why is Alabama a shoe - in for the CFP?

Why is that when the Vols play Alabama a close game, great numbers of fans say, "Wow, we almost beat a very good and well-coached Alabama team!!" Otherwise, Alabama is 'sorry and overrated.'

Reactions: 4 people
money, money, money....moneyyyyy...

what gets me is all those years (in the past) they won glass trophies they had schedules like Iowa...played NOBODY. Now that the big ten plays soft schedules they can't stop complaining about it.

They also start playing 9 conference games a year next season.

Perhaps, Alabama still has someone else on the schedule that might be 11-1 at the time the game is played

At this point, wins over UT, Miss State and Arkansas will end up more impressive than an SEC title beat down of the Gators. Florida will be lucky to score in Atlanta.

Reactions: 1 person
First of all I seriously doubt Alabama will play Iowa since they will probably lose the Big10CG. Second I can't for the life of me comprehend how a Vols fan can ever say they "can't wait to see Alabama destroy" anybody.

When it comes to bowl season I pull for every SEC team. The CFP was put in because the big 10, pac 12 ect was crying every year. The design of the CFP is to have the division champions in the playoff because the country was tired of two SEC teams playing for a national championship. It's a joke.

I don't like Bama either - but other than Clemson, who would you put above them ?

They have serious NFL talent and a great head coach and defensive coordinator...

I missed the part where Clemson played a significant team??? They beat down a rebuilding Florida State team and beat Notre Dame, who is perennially overrated

Alabama's schedule since 2009 is in the Top 10 in the entire country. If you're gonna make stuff up, do the slightest amount of research first.

That's not what he does, ever.....whether he's talking about Bama, Tennessee or anybody else.

When it comes to bowl season I pull for every SEC team. The CFP was put in because the big 10, pac 12 ect was crying every year. The design of the CFP is to have the division champions in the playoff because the country was tired of two SEC teams playing for a national championship. It's a joke.

I never pull for Alabama under any circumstances.

SEC champion with one loss is getting into the final four period. if they dont, the Suns gravity will increase by approximately 4.0054% and drag us to our doom

VN Store

Back