why do we no longer host NCAA games?

At Tennessee the only basketball that has ever been consistent at not sucking is ????? To not be real they could have prob beat a couple of the men's teams we have put on the court!

This is the dumb post of the year^^^

The games in San Diego are at the Viegas Center which is located in the middle of SDSU's campus and is owned and operated by the university.

Maybe they've changed recently. I had always heard it couldn't be an on-campus arena. Hence why most arenas we associate with NCAA teams, that do host, are actually off campus.

I know the "The Pit" for New Mexico seems to host some games every year it seems.

At Tennessee the only basketball that has ever been consistent at not sucking is ????? To not be real they could have prob beat a couple of the men's teams we have put on the court!

There has never been a division 1 mens team in the history of basketball that wouldn't beat the best women's team ever by 50 points. This is the dumbest comment. Women's basketball is 10 levels below mens.

Maybe they've changed recently. I had always heard it couldn't be an on-campus arena. Hence why most arenas we associate with NCAA teams, that do host, are actually off campus.

Not sure where you heard this but it's incorrect.

Knoxville wants to host, but UT is reluctant. They claim that if both Men and Women are playing in the Tourney then they won't have enough support staff in town to help run the tourney.

They don't host at on campus home courts. Rupp, Freedom Hall, Yum Center and PNC (Raleigh) have all hosted. But they're owned by the city and not the universities.

Outside of DU Arena.
This is not really correct either... The short version is this...PNC Arena in Raleigh where I live is jointly managed by Gale Force Holdings ( the entertainment division of the NHL Carolina Hurricanes) and the NCStateUniv athletics Dept. The city of Raleigh doesn't have anything to do with owning or managing PNC arena.

VN Store

Back