Why can't we enjoy the victory?

The moral to that story is don’t look at other team sites. Why do I care what a gump or a jort wearing FL fan thinks? If you see me on another team’s site, you better take a picture cause it’ll be a first. I wouldn’t waste my time. Heck, it’s all I can do to stomach some of the goofy, un knowledgeable fans on this site. Too many people who don’t know football from cricket.

It’s hard to believe that fans of other SEC teams would give the Vols the business. They wouldn’t waste their time on us if they weren’t so obsessed with our misfortune. There is still a lot of bitterness towards the Vols, even after all these years of playing down to their level.

You should not get excited about the D based on the team and Qb they played Thursday. This game is almost meaningless in evaluating the teams D since tBG is glorified high school team. We will know 99% of how well the season may progress after the Pitt game.

I’m fairly confident I said we would know more where Tennessee stands after the Pitt game.

Your first part is pure BS.

If they don’t meet my expectations……complain…….which I normally will do……except right now it’s year 1, game 1, of a 32 point win (but by all means go ahead everyone else is….I just don’t need to).

But if they DO meet or exceed my expectations…….you can’t say anything……because of who the opponent was…….do you not see at all what your doing there?

Of course we enjoyed the win... but as well, we know which spokes on the wagon wheel were broken, and we were hoping to see those fixed. Last night's game suggested the duct tape repair is not going to cut it for the road ahead.

[QUOTE="Freak, post: 20141989, member: 2"]With the exception of our passing game, I enjoyed it. Wins have been too few and far between in recent years not to enjoy them all.[/QUOTE]

And the passing game is CJH’s specialty. If it were some other area I’d be more concerned. This will get corrected sooner rather than later.
GBO! 🍊🍊🍊

Reactions: Freak
It may be realistic but that doesn't mean it is probable. Pitt, Mizzou, USCjr., Ole Miss, and UK can all beat us if we don't play our best game. That means each of those games are basically a coin flip. 9-3 could quickly become 6-6 or worse. Factor in injuries, learning curve of the team under a new coach and I think we should be pleased if we make a bowl.
No, I completely understand that. The guy I was responding to said it wasn't realistic for a 9 win season. It's well within the realm of possibility. I was saying before the BGSU game I thought it was going to be possible to have 9 wins. Just curious as to why he thought otherwise.

Reactions: GoVols64
Milton stands in the pocket too long and won't be able to do that in days to come.He is not getting through the reads quick enough.Hope he improves a lot on when to move and help out his blockers!
He was standing in the pocket bc they were playing coverage. BG was dropping 8 into coverage alot so all 4 options are doubled, none of the reads are open. If anything he should have took off more. SEC defenses are going to man up on the outside & play the run. This would be the ideal situation for Milton assuming he puts a little more air under those deep throws, & his WR's hang on to those underneath routes.

Please te me you weren't impressed with that game ?

32 point victory & we are the laughing stock on every SEC social media page this am. Everyone saw how bad we were.
And this shocks you?!?!?...You don't spend much time reading or watching tv do you?...We lost about 30 players to the transfer portal and its no secret we don't have a lot of talent out there but some of you think we should be ranked in the top 10 or something...After everything thats happened I was pleased with what I saw, Wasn't always pretty but didn't expect it to be...with this team just be happy we won...Period...If you are expecting more then I suggest taking up another hobby like shaving sheep or milking cows or something.

It’s hard to believe that fans of other SEC teams would give the Vols the business. They wouldn’t waste their time on us if they weren’t so obsessed with our misfortune. There is still a lot of bitterness towards the Vols, even after all these years of playing down to their level.
This seems to be the case...

Bowling Green - W
Pittsburgh -W
Tennessee Tech - W
Florida -L
Missouri -W
South Carolina -W
Ole Miss - W
Alabama - L
Kentucky - W
Georgia - L
South Alabama - W
Vanderbilt - W

Why was that such an unrealistic goal?

We lost more players than anyone in the country to the transfer portal. We have a 1st year coach with a new system breaking in new players all over the field.
I can't see us beating all of Pitt, Missouri, Ole Miss and Kentucky. Pitt has a head coach in his 6th year who won 6 games last year and lost two others by 1 point each. They were two touchdowns from going 9-3 last year. Missouri, Kentucky and Ole Miss have optimistically equal, but most likely better talent and more experience in their head coach's system and two of those three are on the road.

Proven talent wise we are clearly better than Vandy, Tennessee Tech and South Alabama the rest of the way. Around equal to South Carolina, maybe slightly ahead. Slightly to to massively behind everyone else on the schedule, all of whom have coaches who have more time with their team under their belt. If Heupel wins 9 games this year it's the best coaching job in decades at Tennessee.

Was it unrealistic to expect competent QB play from a Junior transfer, against a terrible football team?

Nope. I’d hoped he would have played better too. I was concerned why Michigan would “let him go” and some of the criticism appears founded.

Still, one game so I’m hopeful they improve with experience in the system.

VN Store

Back