Why are "nega-vols" mad about the season?

I think most so-called "nega-vols" just wa t something to be positive about without going full on lobotomized stupid.

I don't have a lot of respect for those that can't step back and say the coaches have been screwing up.

Reactions: 1 person
Are you a negavol if you think the players are good/talented enough to win 10 games but you see the staff putting it at more like 7 or 8?

Reactions: 2 people
Only answer is to shut this site, which has become a haven for madness, down ! Let it be reborn as a 'pay"-site . Go Vols ....try not to destroy your own program while it's still progressing !

This has been said before but I think for most negavols its less about losing and more about the way we have lost and the obvious coaching errors. Here is a fact. There have been 17 two TD leads blown in all of college football this year. That's approximately 500 games, and Tennessee owns 3 of them! Those kinds of loses rip a fan base up and can do the same to a locker room. It's going to be 2-5 here in a couple of weeks with a very good Kentucky team and a revitalized Missouri now that they've found a QB coming up. It will be a small miracle to get back to 6-6 and a bowl game.

Spot on. Now the bigger question to the OP is why is this so hard for some people to understand?

So this is something I don't get. If you didn't have high expectations to begin with, why are you railing against the program right now?

I thought we'd go 10-2 this year. And lots of people laughed at that before the season. I got the right to be mad given my expectations. But most had us 8-4. Many 7-5 or worse. If those were the expectations then we're on track or slightly below.

From what I've seen its the same folks that were railing against pre-season predictions of winning the East and beating Florida are the same people now railing against this team for losing leads against good teams.

You negative people need to stop destroying the program from within. There are legitimate criticisms. What I've seen the last 2 weeks have not been legitimate.

People want to believe its 1998 again each and every season. You know, when we weren't coaching against a Mark Richt and Nick Saban, regularly beating anyone not named Florida.

We do not have 5-0 talent. We are talented at some positions but we are terrible at other key positions. With average talent at our worst positions we could have a very good team but our linebackers, safeties, defensive tackles, oline, and corner backs outside of Sutton are not good. We have potential at safety but they are young. You don't win 9-10 games with that many holes in a team without a lot good fortune and great coaching. We have neither.

People want to believe its 1998 again each and every season. You know, when we weren't coaching against a Mark Richt and Nick Saban, regularly beating anyone not named Florida.

No no no no. Of course we all want 98 every year. But what I really want now is to beat a SEC team not named Vandy, Kentucky, or south carolina. Screws regularly. Let's just start with once.

Only answer is to shut this site, which has become a haven for madness, down ! Let it be reborn as a 'pay"-site . Go Vols ....try not to destroy your own program while it's still progressing !

Aka

All we want is unicorn pooping rainbows and pissing orange koolaid

I guess the definition of "negavol" depends on who you ask. The reason people are upset is because we are 2-3 with 4-1 to 5-0 talent. It's pretty simple really.

A guy asked me before the season started if I thought we'd be good this year. I told him I doubt it (I can be a nega-Vol). I said 'I think we've got a bunch of talent, but we're paper-thin, and we're really young'. I ain't that smart, but I think I nailed it.

I have been telling my TX people for a long time that next year is the year and I thought expectations were too high. It is hard not to get swept up in the hype though and losing ALWAYS sucks

OP, this pretty much sums up most of everyone on Volnation including me:

image.jpg

So this is something I don't get. If you didn't have high expectations to begin with, why are you railing against the program right now?

I thought we'd go 10-2 this year. And lots of people laughed at that before the season. I got the right to be mad given my expectations. But most had us 8-4. Many 7-5 or worse. If those were the expectations then we're on track or slightly below.

From what I've seen its the same folks that were railing against pre-season predictions of winning the East and beating Florida are the same people now railing against this team for losing leads against good teams.

You negative people need to stop destroying the program from within. There are legitimate criticisms. What I've seen the last 2 weeks have not been legitimate.

As everyone has stated... It's not that we lose.. It's how we lose.

I guess all of the 7-5 people knew ahead of time CBJ would piss away 2 sure wins vs good teams. Just a part of the calculation of final records.

Preseason predictions dont mean a damn thing. Living in the present, judging this team using ACTUAL games, we should be 4-1 or 5-0. This team is not getting outclassed, but it sure as hell is getting outcoached.

Because its the same people that were pissed and very vocally against the Jones hire so this is all about proving to everyone that they were right from the beginning.

I thought that we would lose to OKlahoma, Alabama & Florida this season. I thought that Arkansas, Missouri & Georgia would be swing games, that could go either way but in the end we would win those games. Then the remainder of the games, we would win!
Now that we lost to Arkansas, a game that I thought could go either way, but I still thought we would win in the end, my projections of a 9 - 3 regular season record are off.

That is the crux of the problem. Our schedule this year is far from soft. We had 6 soft teams this year. One has beaten us and another might.

VN Store

Back