Who's NEXT to be TE1?

No offense to any players. NO coaching staff ( recent past or modern ) has utilized TE's in this offensive skeem. We've had some Juggernauts too that ride pine. So next man up?.....What?, to dress out? Maybe two passes in in three games?

It's actually tragic. What a waste of a lethal weapon......

GBO

Holden Staes - TE 1a
Ethan Davis - TE 1b

Think they both play a lot.
Based on his mumbling, the dog agrees with you. I managed to get a few words out of him about his previous mumbles. He said that SEC teams not only are very familiar with Josh's offense, but are also duplicating it. Phantom also said that defenses are gradually getting better at defending it. As a result, Josh will throw them off by utilizing the TE more to open them to devastating damage by the slot receiver. Geez, once I got him talking the dog won't shut up. Phantom further claims that this will sucker DBs closer inside, and Joshie will employ two TEs to basically nickle and dime for consistent first downs, then spring either a run or endzone thunderstrike as opponents try to defend too much chain relocations at the expense of a wide open back field.

I told the dog, you have no idea what you're talking about. He reminded me that he said previously that this would be the year of the Vols TEs. Bull sheep, said I. Phantom showed me his phone, yeah, I got him one as a bribe to start making game predictions. Anyhow, he showed me a phone pic of him conferring with Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski, and Benjamin Watson, with Heupel leaning on the table listening intently. SUNUVAGUN, when did that happen!!!??
1712170119947.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: FBtime
No offense to any players. NO coaching staff ( recent past or modern ) has utilized TE's in this offensive skeem. We've had some Juggernauts too that ride pine. So next man up?.....What?, to dress out? Maybe two passes in in three games?

GBO
We haven't had even remotely close to a juggernaut at TE the last 3 yrs

Last edited:

GBO
Princeston Fant was used in a multitude of ways by Huepel and Golesh. 8 TDs is pretty good for a WR much less a TE.

We typically have at least 2 TE's with big roles. Warren/Fant Heups first 2 years and last year castles/warren

Staes will start IMO. The bama transfer and Davis will battle it out for the other spot but I could see them both playing plenty as they both have slightly different skill sets, plus davis has struggled to stay healthy anyways.

VN Store

Back