Who's going to step up?

Sky's the limit for all of them if you ask me. All this transfer talk when we've actually got good players makes me a little uneasy.

I agree, but this year was Punter, the year before was Richardson, the year before that was McRae and so on...not saying we will have someone as automatic as he is from 10', but maybe someone emerges who's better from 3 and a better defender. Not meant as a dig on Hubbs at all, I've loved his play this year, just saying that every year it seems people say we are gonna miss so&so, where are the points gonna come from, who's gonna rebound the ball etc...yet someone always emerges.

Make no mistake. I'm not calling him irreplaceable. I just think for a guy who has been as maligned in his career as Hubbs has, he has really found a niche and has owned it. He is more dispensable than McRae, Stokes, JRich, and Punter, but all those guys were generally beloved by fans, especially over the latter half of their careers. Up to this point, Hubbs has generally been a punching bag and scapegoat for our fanbase. I think next year we will realize we miss what he brings to the court. We don't really have anyone similar to him on the team either, so his absence may stick out more. Pons seems kinda similar and if we land him, maybe he can play that role.

If Schofield continues to develop he could fill the midrange role well.

True, he may be the closest thing to Hubbs on the current team. I do think however, Hubbs is quite a bit more athletic and Admiral reminds me more of a healthy Jeronne Maymon than Hubbs.

True, he may be the closest thing to Hubbs on the current team. I do think however, Hubbs is quite a bit more athletic and Admiral reminds me more of a healthy Jeronne Maymon than Hubbs.

How about Jalen Johnson? Could he be that type of player? Only knock on him is his body. He needs to add weight and get stronger. But isnt he supposed to be the best shooter of our freshman class?

How about Jalen Johnson? Could he be that type of player? Only knock on him is his body. He needs to add weight and get stronger. But isnt he supposed to be the best shooter of our freshman class?

Yeah, I'd bet Hubbs has 40 lbs or more on Johnson currently. Johnson could maybe be that type of slasher, but I doubt he'll ever be the same type of player in the paint and around the basket just due to size.

Yeah, I'd bet Hubbs has 40 lbs or more on Johnson currently. Johnson could maybe be that type of slasher, but I doubt he'll ever be the same type of player in the paint and around the basket just due to size.
If he is athletic enough i could see it. I would just be speculating anyways never having seen him play. I wouldnt trust high-school film to make that statement. But i will say im more excited about the future of the mens team than i have been in a long while. Really hoping for a grad transfer next year that can be a difference maker in scoring.

Schofield has really developed physically. He and GW really give us some bulk down low. Now if we only had a competent big guy.

Schofield has really developed physically. He and GW really give us some bulk down low. Now if we only had a competent big guy.

The announcers during the Vandy game said that he had his tonsils removed and a nasal surgery to improve his breathing.

I didn't know that.

Reactions: 1 person
Yep KNS had an article about it not long after the RTL games. Said it transformed his energy level.

The announcers during the Vandy game said that he had his tonsils removed and a nasal surgery to improve his breathing.

I didn't know that.
Our HR/PR person for the basketball team sucks compared to year's passed (subjective).

Whoever was in charge of Cuonzo/his teams PR did a great job.

Our HR/PR person for the basketball team sucks compared to year's passed (subjective).

Whoever was in charge of Cuonzo/his teams PR did a great job.

Tom Satkowiak was the SID in years past. Is he not the SID any longer?

VN Store

Back