Who Was Your First Favorite CFB Player?

Bobby Scott

635548559127800143-69GatorBowl-07.JPG

I was a kid when he was playing linebacker. Was thrilled with the crowd response when he made a tackle. My most memorable and favorite player.....Craig Puki.
So glad you brought up Craig Puki! Sometimes it felt like the upper deck was going to shake apart when the PA would announce "Tackle made by Pooooki..." Sometimes joined with "Noonan, Puki, and a HOST OF VOLUNTEERS."

Reactions: ArdentVol and MAD
Peyton Manning

I didn't take an interest in football until mid-life. Lived in west Tennessee and started watching UT and even got to go to a few games. Loved the atmosphere. Moved to southern Indiana in 1996 and was absolutely thrilled when Peyton was drafted by the Colts. My husband and I would go to a couple of games in Indy every year and make a weekend of it. Cried when Peyton won his first super bowl because I was so happy for him.

Reactions: MAD and WillisWG
Al Wilson, when I was a little kid I played linebacker, my dad would turn on the Tennessee games and show me Al and say "thats Al Wilson hes so mean, he'll slap your mamma"
I was at Vol Walk at the Arkansas game in '98. As Al Wilson walked by, I said to my son, "Did you see Al Wilson!" The guy next to me said, "Yeah, he scared the he!! out of me!"

Reactions: MAD and majinVol

VN Store

Back