Who steps up as the leaders of the 2012 Vols?

I wish Jacques Smith would get into that role for the D.

We need one of the O-line to surface as a leader as well...

As of today, it is Tyler, Da'Rick, Justin Hunter, Herman & Walls I think...

I wish Jacques Smith would get into that role for the D.
We need one of the O-line to surface as a leader as well...

As of today, it is Tyler, Da'Rick, Justin Hunter, Herman & Walls I think...

Me too. I thought it was going to happen last year actually, but something just didn't seem right. Maybe the new staff will draw something out of him.

IMO, this is one of the main things to UT being successful again.

That may sound crazy to some, but there are now enough good ball players to win some games against some teams they shouldnt beat on paper. The lack of quality leadership has been glaring at times. The last few tumultuous years need to be erased from minds, and a new winning attitude has to come into play. Upperclassmen need to step up and lead, and others need to follow that lead. It is amazing what the mind can push the body to do. The time to change it is now, otherwise, it will be another rough year.

Me too. I thought it was going to happen last year actually, but something just didn't seem right. Maybe the new staff will draw something out of him.

Yeah, something wasn't right there. I don't know the deal. Hopefully Sal can get him jump started

Hopefully Bray will have enough knowledge and decision making skills that people on the Offense know to follow his command. I hope this happens. I am sure Hunter is already a great role model for the team. I hope on D that we have someone over there that is big and intimidating that will (Al Wilson) them into giving their all all the time.

Couch and AJ on D...May even see Teague or Randolph in the secondary step up....Offense Im gonna say Hunter...Bray and an OLineman need to step up

Mo Couch will definitely be one on D along with Lathers.

Hunter, D Thomas, Rivera, and hopefully Bray in offense.

Mo Couch will definitely be one on D along with Lathers.

Hunter, D Thomas, Rivera, and hopefully Bray on offense.

Interesting question and something that was discussed as a deficiency with the team last year. You always want SR leadership, but yet again, there arenÂ’t a lot of SRs on the team. I hope that Lathers can step and lead our defensive unit. On the other side of the ball, I see Bray taking a step forward (hopefully playing his first complete season) and leading this team to some victories.

The rift between the fulmer/kiff/DD guys should be over now with last years senior class gone.. I think DD hinted around at that not long after the season ended.. There was obviously tension, and the junior/senior classes were so small, nobody really understood who should step up. I think Mo Couch said something about it too.. The roster is beginning to even out, and I think we will see several juniors and maybe a few seniors step up now.

VN Store

Back