Who Redshirts this year?

Call me crazy but if Peterman is really #2 any chance Dobbs can redshirt?
(Hides and waits to be mocked)

Dobbs will likely red shirt yes

It would nice to be able to redshirt him, but, come on, three scholarship QBs on the roster? Chances are fairly slim we can get through the whole year without having to use him.

Since Weatherford reported a little late for fall camp, is there any chance that he will be redshirted this season?

Couldn't we literally red-shirt every single fourth string guy down from day one, and if we need them in a specific situation or for special teams, we can just burn the red shirt?

We'll my understanding is it's not like you just say I redshirt them then they can't play its just the coaches make and intentional effort not to let them play on special teams or in mop-up duty. If you don't play and you have never redshirted its automatic with maybe a little paperwork after the reason... right?

Well, yes, but when you're only one play away from only having one QB, don't think it would be a good idea to redshirt Dobbs. It could come off pretty quickly, anyway, God forbid.

GO VOLS!

Sit Dobbs and try to go through the entire season without playing him. If you can do that, then red shirt him.
If you have injuries and he needs to play, then play him and burn the year of eligibility.
There are times when it is not determined if a player will red shirt or not, but once the season has almost played itself out and he hasn't played, then you red shirt him.
Play it by ear......

For instance, during Jamaal Lewis's sophomore season, either Travis or Travis could have red shirted but that all changed when Jamaal hurt his knee during the Auburn game.
But a season later, things were to the point that Stephens could red shirt, so he did.

Couldn't we literally red-shirt every single fourth string guy down from day one, and if we need them in a specific situation or for special teams, we can just burn the red shirt?

If you have 4th string guys, what is the likelihood that they will ever contribute to the team? So, red shirt him, give him a 5th year on campus?
If you know that they are only adding depth in practice and will likely not ever really contribute then let them leave in 4 seasons and open that scholarship up after 4 seasons and not after 5.
Let's imagine that you have an O-Lineman and he won't play unless in blow out situations or special teams. He could leave in 4 seasons, and open up a scholarship for a D-Lineman that we really need at the last minute.

No way. Wiesman is playing THIS year, buddy. We are too thin.

Yes way...three years of extensive PT vs one wasted year of biding time...CT could fill that role...and?...as always, thank you for being my buddy! :wavey:

Reactions: 1 person
Yes way...three years of extensive PT vs one wasted year of biding time...CT could fill that role...and?...as always, thank you for being my buddy! :wavey:

9 days 'til you eat crow, bud! :good!:

Paulk
Henderson
Creamer
C Mosley
Raulerson
Sawyers
Johnson
And 1 db minimum, maybe McDowell.

That's a pretty good list. But I wouldn't be surprised if we need Sawyers to play this year. IMHO it might depend on the Saulsberry situtation. :question:

9 days 'til you eat crow, bud! :good!:

Only takes one game to make me use my recipe book...so even if he doesn't play the first game, got 11 more to burn the redshirt opp...all depending on injuries and performance.....and Butch having a like mindset. :)

VN Store

Back