Who IS this guy?

My Illini fan nephew in Crossville, who is great for sports discussions, panned this hire and cited the national view of our program as negative...due to our "mistreatment" of our former coach...he lost some cred with me due to his endorsement of Zo when he was hired...Big 10'ers stick together...after two seasons of hoping it would click with CCM, I went into this past season with optimism...but little core energy...there was no energy in this program...even with the recruiting class...that has changed 180 with Coach Tyndall...I haven't heard from my Zo shilling nephew lately...maybe Thanksgiving? :whistling:

Signing 3 in one day doesn't really mean much if the 3 you sign are a bunch of stiffs. These guys aren't very sought after players, but maybe they will fit DT's system and prove to be better than their collective rankings. Tyndall's doing all the right things, but we don't know yet if he can win here, just like we still don't know if Butch can win here. We all hope, but that's all it is right now, hope.
I think that those who think he has recruited a bunch of stiffs are few and far between. As for winning, he has done it everywhere he's been just like Butch Jones! Why would the University of Tennessee be any different? Because the SEC is so strong?

Reactions: 1 person
I see many new faces on the team but the key will be; Do they have the skills to compete in the SEC?

The good news is most of the transfers are for only one or two years so there should be room next year as well to add selective talent to the team.

If we can stay around .500 in the SEC and win 20 games overall, I would consider it an excellent year regardless of whether we get in the NCAAs or not. Considering the smoking hole left here by Martin, that would be an improvement over this year.

Reactions: 2 people
Believing will still be in the winning for some.
But alas it offsets the unrealistic jubilation of the mob.

You people?

With that being said.....WTF is with all these liberals calling in on the Sports Animal in Knoxville and making Tennessee fans sound like the anti-Cuonzo movement from mid-season was because he was black. I was sick of his coaching from sorry underachieving basketball.

Come on man.....

1266418652493.gif

....does not apply to everything just because someone isn't white every damn time.

With that being said.....WTF is with all these liberals calling in on the Sports Animal in Knoxville and making Tennessee fans sound like the anti-Cuonzo movement from mid-season was because he was black. I was sick of his coaching from sorry underachieving basketball.

Come on man.....

1266418652493.gif

....does not apply to everything just because someone isn't white every damn time.

Wait, you're complaining about Vol fans being accused of racism over the CCM issue, and your response is to post that obscenely racist gif???

Reactions: 2 people
The way I see it. No one was beating down the door to sign with our previous coach to remain nameless. So I'm starting to wonder if he was not the best salesman. Yes its late in the game for Coach D. But he is closing the deal with the guys he is bringing in. Wish we could have got Cover. But other than him. I'm loving this group of Misfits.

Signing 3 in one day doesn't really mean much if the 3 you sign are a bunch of stiffs. These guys aren't very sought after players, but maybe they will fit DT's system and prove to be better than their collective rankings. Tyndall's doing all the right things, but we don't know yet if he can win here, just like we still don't know if Butch can win here. We all hope, but that's all it is right now, hope.

FINALLY! Someone with a little sense. Talk about getting the cart before the horse, the OP is like the typical fan... easily swayed, excited about the least little thing. No wonder so many here are so disappointed in most things UT. Let's set some realistic expectations people. Give CDT a chance, maybe he'll be a good coach, maybe not, but let's don't start expecting final four appearances because he picked up a few late season, and not very sought after, recruits. If he can mold them into a decent team by the fall, then he deserves some credit, but his real challenge will be bringing in some top notch talent for the following 2-4 yrs (god I hope they give him that long).

CDT has given the word "next" a whole new meaning. It's interesting that players are replaced before they can even finish their departure speech. Seems like players want to play for CDT.

CDT has given the word "next" a whole new meaning. It's interesting that players are replaced before they can even finish their departure speech. Seems like players want to play for CDT.

This. I wonder if all the players "looking around" just went "ohhhh $h#$" in the past couple of days? I love it.

Makes me wonder (besides Hubbs) how many of the transfers and signees that CDT actually "tried" to keep?
This guys is doing work, man.

FINALLY! Someone with a little sense. Talk about getting the cart before the horse, the OP is like the typical fan... easily swayed, excited about the least little thing. No wonder so many here are so disappointed in most things UT. Let's set some realistic expectations people. Give CDT a chance, maybe he'll be a good coach, maybe not, but let's don't start expecting final four appearances because he picked up a few late season, and not very sought after, recruits. If he can mold them into a decent team by the fall, then he deserves some credit, but his real challenge will be bringing in some top notch talent for the following 2-4 yrs (god I hope they give him that long).

Good for you. You're winning the race to be "that guy."

VN Store

Back