Who has the best offseason? (Discussion)

I did not see any of the off season workouts, so I can not speculate on who was best.

DpQ9YJl.png

I agree Bowden uses all his energy on D and it hurts his O. Once a player has success focusing on D like this it is hard to change. Perhaps more conditioning will help but the extra energy could just go into D. I think Barnes will have to step in and drive the change.

Pons and Walker should make big strides now that they have seen what it takes. Pons seems motivated, is Walker?

We need to get a few guys shooting a 1000 3s a day. We need more consistancy shooting the 3. If we can just hit the threes other teams give us we could be so much better. I guessing it just hard to hit the 3s when your legs are tired.

We need to get a few guys shooting a 1000 3s a day. We need more consistancy shooting the 3. If we can just hit the threes other teams give us we could be so much better. I guessing it just hard to hit the 3s when your legs are tired.

So you think shooting 38% as a team for the year isn’t consistency from three?

I agree Bowden uses all his energy on D and it hurts his O. Once a player has success focusing on D like this it is hard to change. Perhaps more conditioning will help but the extra energy could just go into D. I think Barnes will have to step in and drive the change.

Pons and Walker should make big strides now that they have seen what it takes. Pons seems motivated, is Walker?

Yes. IMO just as much, if not more, than Pons. Walker seemed every bit as motivated as Pons.

Last edited:
I agree. I think Walker has shown he is going to be a player. I think with some more experience and some attention to detail that he's going to be a force.

I think the most exciting part about following a team in ANY sport, is to watch the growth and development of players.

I like Barnes’ teams because he seems to recruit kids who actually want to work and get better, thus creating a competitive environment and allowing every player to get better.

With that being said, I think we could have a really special year IF there is significant development of our personnel.

Reactions: 1 person
According to Barnes last night at the BOC in Nashville...Jordan Bone has had the best spring he had since arriving to Knoxville, very complimentary of Jordan which we all know doesn’t come easily from Barnes. Has continued the praise of Yves Pons saying he’s the hardest worker on the team and has lived in the gym since the season ended, says he expects Jalen Johnson and Yves Pons to both have roles on next years team.

Reactions: 2 people
According to Barnes last night at the BOC in Nashville...Jordan Bone has had the best spring he had since arriving to Knoxville, very complimentary of Jordan which we all know doesn’t come easily from Barnes. Has continued the praise of Yves Pons saying he’s the hardest worker on the team and has lived in the gym since the season ended, says he expects Jalen Johnson and Yves Pons to both have roles on next years team.

This is great news, imo. Bone has all the talent and skills to be an all-SEC point guard. Yes, the jumper needs some work, but his speed, handles, unstoppable ability to get to the rim and passing skills are elite.

JJ and Pons are the best athletes on this team and have the potential to be exactly what UT needs at the 3/2. I can't wait to see Bone leading the fastbreak with Pons and JJ running beside him. Rim rocking dunks with happen, often. TBA will explode and we'll be seeing replays all night on SportsCenter Top 10 Plays, guaranteed

Great news! Looks like we will be legit 9-10 deep next year. Wow!

Reactions: 2 people
If we don’t win the tournament (sec) this year, we are officially labeled cursed imo lol

My pick is Alexander to have the best offseason and UT needs him to be a more consistent scorer next season.

I really think we need it to be Bone, Turner and Bowden. You have to have excellent guard play if you want to go deep into the tournament.

VN Store

Back