Who does Pruitt play for?

What makes you think I'm 43? I am well older than that. Hilarious Gundy speech there btw. I'm surprised you didn't throw "I'm a man" in there.

P.S. I'm not the one in this thread calling people "dumb" and "stupid". That would be you.

Now run along youngster.

99 Fiesta....lordy.

Old man river. You're the old man throwing the child's temper tantrum because our new coach is sticking to his word. And I never said dumb, moron 😜

Can’t believe you guys are upset this guy wants to fulfil his obligations. I think it would look bad for future recruits if he bailed. We will have coaches out recruiting and they will be playing off of the fact that their new head coach is currently playing for a 4th title for a team he helped assemble. That’s holds some relevance if you ask me.

Its obviously a smokescreen so he can stay tight with Saban. Probably going to throw the game for the next 3 to 4 years just waiting for Saban to retire then swoop in for his "dream job".

This is how crazy grumors rumors start...

Reactions: 3 people
It is a dead period. What could he do to make the class better during that period

JP ball washers don't know what research is, but we already knew that.

Dead period

The dead period is the most restrictive. No in-person contact is allowed, even if a prospect makes a visit to the college campus. Written and electronic communications are still permitted.

He could call and text recruits 24/7 during the dead period if he wanted. Instead, he will be working for the program that he really cares about.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Name the others that don't involve Saban. Scott Frost is currently rethinking his situation because he said it was causing tension trying to balance that and his Nebraska responsibilities.

Every other coach who moved so far this season is not coaching their old team. David Cutcliffe did not coach us in the national championship and he shouldn't have. He had a new job that needed a lot of work.

What other coaches that took a new job this year are in the playoffs other than Pruitt?

Name the others that don't involve Saban. Scott Frost is currently rethinking his situation because he said it was causing tension trying to balance that and his Nebraska responsibilities.

Every other coach who moved so far this season is not coaching their old team. David Cutcliffe did not coach us in the national championship and he shouldn't have. He had a new job that needed a lot of work.

Tom Herman coached in the NC game with OSU while he accepted the job to Houston.

It was a different time back then with Cutcliffe. Wasn't recruiting periods different? Social media was non-existent...which is a bigger role now.

Tom Herman coached in the NC game with OSU while he accepted the job to Houston.

It was a different time back then with Cutcliffe. Wasn't recruiting periods different? Social media was non-existent...which is a bigger role now.
But he left Houston and didn't coach their bowl game when he was hired away from there.

Houston, we have a problem.

What other coaches that took a new job this year are in the playoffs other than Pruitt?

It doesn't matter if it's the playoffs. He said it was because he wanted to finish what he started. So that means if it was the Gator bowl he would coach it. BTW while he's playing grab a$$ with Satan.. I mean Saban, Scott Frost is trying to steal Martinez.

I want to know why the playoffs are the standard?

It looks like our new defensive coordinator will btw.

Someone already mentioned Tom Herman, but if you want another example....Bronco Mendenhall coached BYU in their 2015 bowl game after taking the Virginia job. There are plenty of examples of this...it’s not a rare thing.

I respect him more for it. Doesn't hurt us in any way, will help in recruiting if they win another championship.
Yeah.

We'll get all those recruits who are not impressed with Saban and all his rings that say Alabama but are impressed with Pruitt and his that say Alabama.

Reactions: 1 person
I have never heard of a situation where a major football school hired a new coach, but the new coach remained at the original school, an arch rival school, to help them for another 6 weeks.

Why would the new coach want to do that?
Why would the head coach (Saban) allow it?
Why would the new employer (UT) allow it?
Why are we putting up with it?

Don't make excuses or lame justifications. We need all his time and energy here now. We have lost the fan base, recruits, and our reputation.

Today, is our new coach for us or is he for Alabama?

Kirby Smart did the same thing and now he is in the playoffs with Georgia. It did not seem to affect him. I️ respect that Pruitt is loyal to the players he recruited and coached.

Leave SD alone not likes its Polk county or something.

but to answer the question Kirby Smart did, he recruits til dead period starts. that means no contact with recruits if i'm not mistaken. He then goes back to finish his commitment to bama. I personally have no issue with it. to me it shows recruits that he is commited & know who to get championships.

Why you dissin' on Polk County, Bro?

It was a different time. We now have the early signing period. We also have the playoffs lingering later into the new year. The dead period was more of a dead period then. Now you can have unlimited text and phone contact with recruits.

This is actually the very worst time in CFB history to not be committed to your team from the get go.

Dan Mullen stayed with Florida too, but he came out later and said it was a mistake and it hurt recruiting at Miss State because he did it. This time Mullen left for Florida and obviously will not coach the bowl game. Mark Richt stayed with FSU and he too said it was a mistake afterwards.

95 percent of coaches take their new job and don't stick around.

It will be interesting if they talk about the defensive cord for bama during bowl game and show a shot of him and he is supporting his TENNESSEE ORANGE

VN Store

Back