Who can Pruitt pull in?

Bobo called all the plays. Friend is a great coach but he was OC at CSU by name, not by reality.

True, but Friend helped with gameplanning, and coaching the o-line to help them score 53 of 56 times in the redzone.

I mean Walt Wells wasn't calling any plays, but pretty sure most people don't think Wells did a superlative job within his role. Friend did.

You have a way to message You? I just don't want it broadcast to all.

No need. All I needed to hear, I believe you're close to the situation.

But we all know the fickle minds of 17 year olds and with the excitement of this new staff could bring Cade home.

I just feel much better about the situation now CJP, Helton, Friend, and Phil are going to have face time with him. Maybe he Vonn Bell's us, but I just don't see it happening tbh.

Reactions: 1 person
also- sorry for being a douche earlier.... im sipping this orange koolaid hard right now after the depressing few months we've had

GFW,

What was it specifically that Butch did or didn't do that soured you on him. I know you were on the Butch train at one time.

also- sorry for being a douche earlier.... im sipping this orange koolaid hard right now after the depressing few months we've had

No worries good sir. I'm sipping on some of the koolaid Pruitt has going too. A lot of people are extremely excited! I'm just trying to make sure expectations to this particular recruit remain realistic. It's a really really tough pull, and cade gets quite a bit of hate online, and on occasion in school. Just trying to get what I know to you all so nothing causes a blow up on the ESD.

GFW,

What was it specifically that Butch did or didn't do that soured you on him. I know you were on the Butch train at one time.

yeah, a lot of people were. especially the first couple years.

Most of it came down to dishonesty and a lot of talking behind backs. Things that came back to haunt him and those involved. You'd hear stories from guys every now and then that warranted a, "hang on, WHAT did he do?!"

Dude's just kind of a scummy guy...

of course, the specifics typically involved a player and I wouldn't divulge anything like that, but hopefully you get the gist

Reactions: 1 person
From Alabama site:

One of Alabama’s top targets on defense, four-star linebacker JJ Peterson received his U.S. Army All-American jersey on Wednesday.

The Moultrie (Ga.) Colquitt County product is prepping for the Class 7A state championship on Saturday, but took some time out of his day to talk about recruiting with 247Sports’ Kipp Adams.

“It’s kind of neutral right now,” Peterson said of his recruitment. “After this week things will crank up since I’ll be free.”

Peterson has maintained Alabama as his leader since the spring, ahead of programs like Auburn, Georgia, and Oregon. Is that still the case?

“Something like that,” he said.

What keeps the Tide at the top of the four-star ‘backer’s list?

“Their togetherness,” Peterson said. “Everybody plays for one. They don’t just play their position. They play all for their team.”

Peterson and former UA defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt have a very close relationship, especially considering Colquitt County head coach Rush Propst and Pruitt go way back to their days at Hoover.

“It’s very good,” Peterson said of his relationship with Pruitt. “We talk. He don’t pressure me. It’s cool.”

Prior to Pruitt officially being named head coach of Tennessee, Peterson talked about what that would mean for Alabama and its chances.

“It would probably be hard because he’s like the main person I talk to,” he said.

Would Tennessee emerge into the picture?

“Something like that because we’ve already got two people over there, so I feel comfortable,” Peterson said.

Peterson has communicated with head coach Nick Saban in the past.

“I don’t really talk to him as much,” he said. “When I talk to him he just asks questions … I’m not really a talker.”

Right now Peterson says Auburn is No. 2 behind Alabama. He plans to take official visits in January prior to making a decision on Signing Day. Alabama, Auburn, and Tennessee will for sure get visits.

What will be the deciding factor?

“The ones that don’t pressure me about it and hear me out,” Peterson said.

At 6-foot-1.5, 210 pounds, Peterson is rated the No. 2 outside linebacker and the No. 43 overall player in the country, per the industry-generated 247Sports Composite

Okay... so maybe getting ahead of myself but I think at this point, it really feels like there is a 90% chance the following are in our class:

WR Alontae Taylor (seems to have re-bought in and the commitment feels like a formality at this point)

OG Grade transfer Dwayne Wallace (definitely showing a lot of love on twitter, only real competition is Miami)

I'd say there's a 75% chance that the following sign with us:

RB Jeremy Banks (Carvins teammate. Big bag visiting us this weekend. I actually think he commits this weekend)

JUCO OL Johncarlo Valentin (Friends with Trey Smith and also showing a lot of enthusiasm about the Vols offer)

I do think there's a good chance the JUCO TE (Anderson) signs with us. Maybe 55/45. Can't tell if he really likes the Vols or he's just attention whoring on social media.

Outside of that, I think it's almost a crapshoot who we get. I don't think the 5* california CB (Taylor-Stuart) signs with us. I believe the gator poster who says Jacob Copeland is all Alabama, so I don't he ends with us ultimately.

Of all the other offers - there's a lot - I don't really have a feel for either way.

VN Store

Back