Which player will be the biggest surprise contributor of 2015?

To the casual observer and non-die hard fan-- Josh Smith. He will lead the team in receiving yardage

I'm gunna go ahead and say Dontavius Blair. He was a great prospect and my hope is he will be physically ready to fill a very important need for this team at LT.

It'd be great to have a solid LT anchoring an improved line that could open up play calling, whoever it may be.

Nathan Peterman. Really.

If he really practices as good as they say, I can only imagine nerves must be his weak spot.
What if he was sent in for mop-up duty
and shocked us. If he is no longer having dreams of the Nfl and just went out to play (no nerves) .I would laugh my arse off if he were deadly accurate with great decision making skills.

I'm going to say Blair would be an awesome surprise if he broke out and played the way we hoped he would.

That would probably be one of the better surprises that could potentially happen. That would greatly help solidify our OL. If he and our other returning OL can improve even slightly at the very least, we should be good to go. Add another newcomer freshman or two into the mix, and have them play up to, or exceed their perceived potential, and then our OL shouldn't be a glaring weakness. I just feel our OL is what could possibly hold us back next year from competing and winning the way we all want to, and know we can. GO VOLS!!!!!!

To the casual observer and non-die hard fan-- Josh Smith. He will lead the team in receiving yardage

He just as well might, but I'm not so sure he will ever lead the team in receiving yardage. I could easily see him leading the team in catches though. It may not be next season with Pig still here, but the season after. I'd bet both Pig and Josh will have very close to the same amount of catches in 2015. I see Josh, and think Wes Welker, and I'm not making that comparison just because both players are white.

Last edited:
He just as well might, but I'm not so sure he will ever lead the team in receiving yardage. I could easily see him leading the team in catches though. It may not be next season with Pig still here, but the season after. I'd bet both Pig and Josh will have very close to the same amount catches in 2015. I see Josh, and think Wes Welker, and I'm not making that comparison just because both players are white.
Racist, IMO.

Reactions: 1 person
If it were he and Blair, expect a huge season!

Yup, a couple of really good offensive lineman would make a world of difference. It's not easy to scheme around and try to hide the flaws in your OL when they're all equally as young or bad.

Weatherd, TKJr., and E. Mosley on D....Dobbs, Hurd, Kamara, J. Smith, and North on O.

They may all contribute, but nobody would be surprised to see Dobbs or Hurd be contributors. I doubt anybody would be "surprised" if Hurd had a 1,300 yard season.

They may all contribute, but nobody would be surprised to see Dobbs or Hurd be contributors. I doubt anybody would be "surprised" if Hurd had a 1,300 yard season.

I kinda would, because that would mean our OLine exceeded expectations.

VN Store

Back