Which Commits are Solid?

thunder5

Cause I like to party
I know we don't like to talk about this but I think it's an important question...

Who's truly solid...and please don't give me the "nobody is solid until they sign" crap...I clearly know that...

From what I've read Miles is obviously a soft commit...Skeet says Carr is one to watch (that one will break my heart)...Hubbs said in the WR that Skipper might take a visit to Stanford (maybe that will open us up to correct the biggest mistake in this class...Skipper over Morris)...

I feel like Ferguson, Sanders, Harris, JRM, Bradlry, Campbell, Vereen, Smith, Kendrick, Goeas and Zanca are solid no matter what...would be surprised if any of them decommitted...

That leaves Sutton (solid IMO), Barnes (gone with a coaching change IMO), Jackson, and Patrick (unlikely to qualify anyway)...

What say you board

other than Sutton, JRM , Austin and Carr...

does it really matter?

before I hit post, Vereen and the Hawaii LB are two kids I think we need to stick no matter what

does it really matter?

before I hit post, Vereen and the Hawaii LB are two kids I think we need to stick no matter what

I would add the 2 JUCO's and Ferguson to those you listed...i also think Harris is important since we might lose CP and JH...but yeah...if we kept those 10 then the rest are take or leave IMO

I know personally Austin is solid. I have known his mom Jennifer all my life (grew up with her) and Austin is a true VFL and it has been his dream to play for the Vols and he will stand by his committment no matter who is coaching. I would say the same with the OL and the WR from the Knoxville area who committed and who Austin has become friends with.

I'd say the only real solid ones are the ones from CAK because I think they are 0 stars with Tn the only major offer. Only Dooley would do such a thing as give such an offer. The other recruits are fresh meat.

Reactions: 3 people
I'd say the only real solid ones are the ones from CAK because I think they are 0 stars with Tn the only major offer. Only Dooley would do such a thing as give such an offer. The other recruits are fresh meat.

Id say you're wrong.

Reactions: 2 people
I know we don't like to talk about this but I think it's an important question...

Who's truly solid...and please don't give me the "nobody is solid until they sign" crap...I clearly know that...

From what I've read Miles is obviously a soft commit...Skeet says Carr is one to watch (that one will break my heart)...Hubbs said in the WR that Skipper might take a visit to Stanford (maybe that will open us up to correct the biggest mistake in this class...Skipper over Morris)...

I feel like Ferguson, Sanders, Harris, JRM, Bradlry, Campbell, Vereen, Smith, Kendrick, Goeas and Zanca are solid no matter what...would be surprised if any of them decommitted...

That leaves Sutton (solid IMO), Barnes (gone with a coaching change IMO), Jackson, and Patrick (unlikely to qualify anyway)...

What say you board

Everything is conditional. All rhetoric at this point. And irrelevant. Worry about Mizzou.

Reactions: 1 person

I hear Ohio State visited Knoxville yesterday...

Losing a great DB commit is exactly what this defense needs now...

From MrSEC.com today

Vols Commit Miles ‘Really Considering’ Texas A&M:

Texas A&M is making a strong push for Tennessee safety commitment Kameron Miles.

The Mesquite, Texas, standout recently received a scholarship offer from Texas A&M. The new interest from the Aggies has Miles rethinking his recruitment.

“I have a lot of interest in them,” he told Gigem247.com. “I like how they’re playing right now. I’ve been watching a lot of their games and they’re competing. I’m very interested in them right now.”

Miles is trying to decide when he’ll take an official visit to Texas A&M. He said co-defensive coordinator Marcel Yates is hoping Miles will visit sometime this month.

“He wants me to come down there for a game but I told him I’ll most likely come down after the season is over for a regular official visit,” Miles said. “I’ve never been to Kyle Field for a game so that’s something I’m trying to do.”

Miles is also waiting to learn what will happen with Tennessee’s coaching staff. The status of head coach Derek Dooley is in question with three games remaining in the Vols’ season.

“If something goes down with the coaching staff then I’ll have to open up my recruitment and explore all my options,” Miles said. “It all depends on who stays and who leaves if something goes down over there.”

Miles, who’s ranked the nation’s No. 13 safety by 247Sports, has already taken official visits to Tennessee and Arizona State.

Last edited:
Paul harris.
said his mama always told him to never go against his word after he commited and said that is his school. Something to that effect but if the staff gets cut loose who knows.

does it really matter?

I agree, but I thought you liked Zanca, too? Did he not perform very will this year in Central FL?

Id say you're wrong.

I will say just wait and see. 1 is already wavering. The only ones that remains are the ones that won't get a better offer. Tn is already what 11th in the SEC ? If I was highly ranked and I see the product on the field and this pathetic coaching staff I would take my talent some place else. I wouldn't even bother to decommit .

I will say just wait and see. 1 is already wavering. The only ones that remains are the ones that won't get a better offer. Tn is already what 11th in the SEC ? If I was highly ranked and I see the product on the field and this pathetic coaching staff I would take my talent some place else. I wouldn't even bother to decommit .

That's true, but you'd also have to look at some other factors. Even though we are having a coaching/defense issue. Offense recruits should still be happy with the offensive numbers being put up and we should be even stronger next year on offense (that is if nothing major happens). Defensive recruits could take it as a time to step in and get some playing time/make an impact. But none of these factors are for certain

I agree, but I thought you liked Zanca, too? Did he not perform very will this year in Central FL?

Just following his stat line and watching the film being posted on Hudl Zanca has had an awesome year...there's still questions about his speed...is he a 3rd down ILB? But he has looked like an absolute beast against the run

Just following his stat line and watching the film being posted on Hudl Zanca has had an awesome year...there's still questions about his speed...is he a 3rd down ILB? But he has looked like an absolute beast against the run

Thanks, thunder. The last I checked, the analysts still gave him some pretty good praise. But as you pointed out, his speed and agility were the biggest question marks transitioning to the college game.

VN Store

Back