Which Coach's Style Fits the Best...

White is the best fit for TN.

He played and was assistant in the SEC at Ole Miss. His know as a very good recruiter, plays an up tempo game, has a 70.5% winning percentage. He is a rising star that we could hire for no more than 1.25 million. He has a $400k buyout (from reports). My biggest concern is him bolting for Ole Miss when that job becomes available.

If that's the biggest concern that we can find wrong with him then he should be hired immediately!

If that's the biggest concern that we can find wrong with him then he should be hired immediately!

I agree. I personally believe he is the best choice for this job. I think he could be very successful at UT. A big name hire does not mean that big name would be successful here. I would rather have a very talented,energetic, hungry for success rising star. jmo.

Solid half-court defense and solid half-court offense is the style that wins in the NCAA Tournament.

Anthony_Robbins.jpg

What about this guy? Heard he is a great motivator too!
Absolutely bring this guy in to help motivate practice habits and scholastic studies, but let's get a coach first!
:thumbsup:

... with the roster we currently have. I think this aspect cannot be understated. We will have to have at least marginal success immediately to not hit the doldrums as a program. So I'm going with Michael White. Remember not necessarily the best coach but, best fit schematically.

Shaka Smart

Agree - The current roster is woefully thin. I wouldn't even factor in the next two years product on the court. It won't be pretty next year no matter who we hire.

I disagree that next yrs roster will be woefully thin. The right system and early development can work wonders. They will be small but could have success under the right motivater and teacher.

Outside of JRich they have no perimeter shooters, Hubbs has yet to show he can make a consistent shot from anywhere, rebounding is my concern because if you can't board you're not going to be successful in any conference.

VN Store

Back