Which coaches would 17-year-old boys think is cool?

lvocd

NOT that I'm suggesting that "coolness" should be a deciding factor, but while we wait I thought I'd toss that question out there as filler.

See, I thought one of the reasons Butch recruited so well is because I could see young men thinking he was a cool guy.

He had that cool "coach-y" name to begin with: Butch. Lucky break for him. He also had the look of someone that young guys would respect -- someone who could lift with them. His sometimes fiery demeanor is something young males seem to appreciate, too.

Now, contrast that with the man Butch replaced, Derek Dooley.

Sure, Dooley is a good man and smart as a whip, but he also had the physical presence of a nerd. This is not the kind of man that young boys are willing to run through fire for.

So, who are the coaches out there that recruits will be most likely to get a minor man crush on and be dying to sign on the dotted line for? 😄

NOT that I'm suggesting that "coolness" should be a deciding factor, but while we wait I thought I'd toss that question out there as filler.

See, I thought one of the reasons Butch recruited so well is because I could see young men thinking he was a cool guy.

He had that cool "coach-y" name to begin with: Butch. Lucky break for him. He also had the look of someone that young guys would respect -- someone who could lift with them. His sometimes fiery demeanor is something young males seem to appreciate, too.

Now, contrast that with the man Butch replaced, Derek Dooley.

Sure, Dooley is a good man and smart as a whip, but he also had the physical presence of a nerd. This is not the kind of man that young boys are willing to run through fire for.

So, who are the coaches out there that recruits will be most likely to get a minor man crush on and be dying to sign on the dotted line for? 😄

Chief from Halo :)

In all reality, Kiffin. He's a twitter machine, has a hot wife, is funny/sarcastic and plays a great brand of offensive football. He's also put a bunch of kids into the pros and has coached there himself, so he has that cred.

Reactions: 5 people
The coolest thing is to win ballgames.
That kind of coolness impresses anyone, even teenagers.
You don't even have to be 5'8".

In all reality, Kiffin. He's a twitter machine, has a hot wife, is funny/sarcastic and plays a great brand of offensive football. He's also put a bunch of kids into the pros and has coached there himself, so he has that cred.
Joey Bongwater has been divorced for a while.

Reactions: 3 people
Doesn't matter. No one thought Butch was cool. No one has ever thought Saban was cool. Neither has any trouble signing highly rated players.

Reactions: 1 person

..had a hot wife...

also not Phil

Reactions: 2 people
Nothing cool about Saban but its all about the bling babe, all about the bling. And thats what he sells.

mxsJnMwBGtvW7e0t8MUlS7A.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
We should be Progressive & Hire the First Transgender Football Coach- No matter what the score is each week we will have the New York Times, Washington Post , ESPN, ABC, NBC, CNN, & CBS declare us the Winner - We would Win Every Coach of the Year Award & Tennessee Football would be the Time Person of the Year... Let's go outside the Box & We would be the IT SCHOOL with SWAG

VN Store

Back