Where would you?

Orange County, CA around the Huntington Beach, Newport Beach area

Florida Panhandle

Large city with great sports options (Dallas, Houston)

I was thinking somewhere between San Diego or in LA towards the mountains like Pasadena or Burbank, I'd like to find a place that isn't too terrible expensive, but isn't a run down gang ridden sh*t hole either

Charleston, SC
Sarasota/Bradenton, FL
St. Petersburg, FL
Fort Lauderdale, FL

For a while anyway...until I started to miss real fall/spring weather.

Then I'd be happy to move back to Knoxville or Asheville, NC.

Turned down a job in San Diego.
Too expensive unless you can afford to drop 500k for a house and pay around 8% state income tax in addition to Fed Taxes.

Usually if you don't have a state tax you have a crazy sales tax. In SC you have a state tax about 7%, sales tax about 6%, & property taxes on just about everything you own.

From April-September, there's no place I'd rather live than Camden, Maine.

April seems a bit early to avoid the mud. Nice place, though. If I could have the feel of Camden but only be about 20 min from a population center, I'd take it in a second.

Find Your Spot | Find Your Spot

Edit: I did the quiz, dang, apparently I'm on the wrong side of the country. Here are my top 6:

Provo-Orem, Utah
Missoula, Montana
Fort Collins, Colorado
Ogden, Utah
St. George, Utah
Loveland, Colorado

Last edited:
Funny because I've actually spent a lot of time in all of those cities. If I had to rank them myslef:

Charlotte
Charleston
Nashville
Cincy
OKC/Norfolk would be a tie

I did the quiz and Portland came up number one. :lol:

After that it went Little Rock, Honolulu, Albuquerque, Baltimore, Baton Rouge. The second page oddly had choices I'd like much better: DC, Providence, Hartford, New Haven, SF, Boston. I would be alright with DC, Providence, New Haven and Boston.

VN Store

Back