Where is Nathan Leacock?

jarnol32

To be the man you gotta beat the man.
Ramel Keyton has handicapped this offense with drops on throws that either move the chains or would’ve been easy touchdowns. Keyton struggles to track the ball in the air, and he along with the rest of the receiving corp struggle to get separation from defenders.
With that being said why not put the blue chip freshman in and see what he can do? He would be hard pressed to perform any worse than Keyton has to this point, and would be getting valuable experience.

Good question. Keyton needs to be benched. I don’t think continuing to baby him is going to do him any good. Maybe if he was benched he’d get a little pissed off and have some extra focus next time he’s catching passes from the juggs machine. It’s not like we don’t have other options - Spillman, Webb, Leacock are viable options. Dee Williams will be an option soon. And what about Cam Seldon? Wasn’t he recruited as an ATH @Plove23 ?

Ramel Keyton has handicapped this offense with drops on throws that either move the chains or would’ve been easy touchdowns. Keyton struggles to track the ball in the air, and he along with the rest of the receiving corp struggle to get separation from defenders.
With that being said why not put the blue chip freshman in and see what he can do? He would be hard pressed to perform any worse than Keyton has to this point, and would be getting valuable experience.
He didn't seem to have a problem with it last year. Made spectacular catches while filling in for Tillman and then Hyatt in the Orange Bowl

Deonte Thorton is still waitng to be unleashed to...or maybe not...? maybe SEC football is too tough for him to compete in...
I’ve given up on this guy. Did you see that tip pass castle caught, well it was off a pass that bounced off this guy’s chest, and it wasn’t an uncatchable pass.

Bru did an interview after the Florida game and at one point said that the offense had a trust issue and I took that to mean an issue with Joe’s down field passes, but I am reading into that, so it’s just speculation on my part.

Reactions: patrick and jerrync
He didn't seem to have a problem with it last year. Made spectacular catches while filling in for Tillman and then Hyatt in the Orange Bowl
Actually he did, but he wasn’t targeted as much. He dropped multiple passes, and struggled to track deep balls thrown by hooker. Other than the great catch against Florida he wasn’t impressive last year either.

Yep, we are getting to the point in the year where freshman like Leacock should be about ready. Our offense takes some a bit to get down but he should be close. Time for him to really be working his butt off, just like I am sure Nico is too. Milton needs to pick his game up and has to have a more sense of urgency. Nico needs to be working in practice and in that playbook at every opportunity. Between there and weight room and eating some protein! Everybody has to be ready for the moment. The D has to stay on the mission! GBO

Reactions: bpalmer28
Bru did an interview after the Florida game and at one point said that the offense had a trust issue and I took that to mean an issue with Joe’s down field passes, but I am reading into that, so it’s just speculation on my part.
I recall it being a confidence issue, not a trust issue.

I think its sometimes like how a college pitcher who is under performing needs to shift a reliever role to get his mind right. Ramel needs some time and space to work through his deal and maybe get fewer snaps for several weeks so he can focus on getting out of this slump he is in.

Reactions: jarnol32
In all honesty, neither is what you want to hear from a receiver as it most likely reflects badly on the QB as opposed to either the running backs or offensive line.
I agree. Was not a good sign either way. Most likely the entire offense could sense during the first two games that something was off. The week before Florida they dropped 5 passes vs Austin Peay and Milton had some bad throws which forced Heupel to limit the passing games to screens and swing passes. Hard to be confident coming out of a game like that when it becomes obvious that your play caller doesn’t fully trust the QB.

Deonte Thorton is still waitng to be unleashed to...or maybe not...? maybe SEC football is too tough for him to compete in...
Knock on him is he can’t seem to get lined up in the right position when they do put him out there. The one time I saw him in the game was after a timeout and they were still having to point him in the right direction as to where he needed to be.

Reactions: MegaVol615

VN Store

Back