Where did life begin? (Merged)

Do you believe we have a creator, aka "God"?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
nothing. Enjoy living a life while you feel blessed and protected while not acknowledging the ones who aren't.

My issue is that people want to push agendas based on this yet ignore the inconsistencies. How many times have you heard "we need God in our schools/lives/govt/country" and everything will get better?

I'm also not an atheist. Kinda tired of that label being applied any time someone dares question anything

Do you believe in God? I assume not.

Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities.[1][2] In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities.[3][4][5] Most inclusively, atheism is simply the absence of belief that any deities exist.[4][5][6][7] Atheism is contrasted with theism,[8][9] which in its most general form is the belief that at least one deity exists.[9][10]

it's a worthless analogy and it's not butthurt to call it what it is

but you're probably right. We should all just accept everything is God's plan and merrily go on our way. After all, who are we to question the great and powerful bearded man in the sky?

Life's a lot easier if you accept God's will. I lost my dad suddenly when I was 22 (he was 53). I didn't sit and get mad at God. I accepted (and still do) that it was His will and plan for my Dad to go home.

God is not human, He's God. If He was meant to be understood in ever facet, that wouldn't make Him much of a god. He's revealed to us what we need to know to gain everlasting life.

Reactions: 1 person
Do you believe in God? I assume not.

Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities.[1][2] In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities.[3][4][5] Most inclusively, atheism is simply the absence of belief that any deities exist.[4][5][6][7] Atheism is contrasted with theism,[8][9] which in its most general form is the belief that at least one deity exists.[9][10]

I have never denied the possibility. Just because I tend to not believe in a certain version of God doesn't make me an atheist. If that were true then we're all atheists and I just believe in one less God than you

Life's a lot easier if you accept God's will. I lost my dad suddenly when I was 22 (he was 53). I didn't sit and get mad at God. I accepted (and still do) that it was His will and plan for my Dad to go home.

God is not human, He's God. If He was meant to be understood in ever facet, that wouldn't make Him much of a god. He's revealed to us what we need to know to gain everlasting life.

I am sorry about your father and mean no disrespect. I understand the role this plays and try as hard as I can to be respectful when discussing it

Of course it's easier when you assume someone else controls the reins. IMO that's the point of religion and I'm not saying it's a bad thing for an individual. In fact I would say it does help some get through some very hard times. I just wonder how the good can be attributed to God while ignoring the pain, suffering and evil that surrounds us every day. If you acknowledge God has the ability to intervene then you also must acknowledge he chooses not to in some cases

Sometimes very good Christian people pray for years with no discernible answer. It's certainly worth questioning why God would help some but not others. Maybe people don't pray good enough, or ask the proper way. Makes one wonder.

Good point, personally I don't think God exists to or has any intention to help an individual. He gave us free will, a conscious and self determination, I think he expects us to help ourselves.

Last edited:
it's not even close to the same thing. In what world is not getting a truck comparable to a person enduring real pain and suffering with no answer?

God doesn't owe anyone an answer, it is presumptuous to think he does.

Pain and suffering are part of life which he gave us all, he owes us nothing more. I could go on with tests of faith and all of that malarkey but I don't believe in that.

I have never denied the possibility. Just because I tend to not believe in a certain version of God doesn't make me an atheist. If that were true then we're all atheists and I just believe in one less God than you

I am sorry about your father and mean no disrespect. I understand the role this plays and try as hard as I can to be respectful when discussing it

Of course it's easier when you assume someone else controls the reins. IMO that's the point of religion and I'm not saying it's a bad thing for an individual. In fact I would say it does help some get through some very hard times. I just wonder how the good can be attributed to God while ignoring the pain, suffering and evil that surrounds us every day. If you acknowledge God has the ability to intervene then you also must acknowledge he chooses not to in some cases

I live my life giving God glory in all things that happen, good or bad). I guess that's where Faith comes into play.

To add, if more "Christians" (and I'm as guilty as anyone else) would actually live the life Jesus calls us to live, maybe more people would be inclined to believe. Not a shot at anyone, just my personal belief.

Last edited:
it's not even close to the same thing. In what world is not getting a truck comparable to a person enduring real pain and suffering with no answer?

My reference was not to someone suffering,

it was direct answer to a post that said God was a deadbeat dad .... because the previous poster had said God does not give everything to His children that they ask

The poster also said God planted the seed then disappeared
It is my belief that God has NEVER disappeared

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
So God is a deadbeat father.

Planted the seed, then disappears. I need to sue for child support.

I would like to take a different approach to this question...

I believe you should sue God for child support, I would love to attend the paternity suit, and hear your evidence that you present that proves He is your father :)

I get what PJ is saying, the lack of acknowledgement to inconsistencies is silly.

And I mean this in the nicest possible way, but even if God exists, praying seems like a collossal waste of time. He's going to do what he wants anyway, and meditation and other avenues work just as well for self introspection.

I get what PJ is saying, the lack of acknowledgement to inconsistencies is silly.

And I mean this in the nicest possible way, but even if God exists, praying seems like a collossal waste of time. He's going to do what he wants anyway, and meditation and other avenues work just as well for self introspection.

The difference is perspective.

From a Christian perspective "to live is Christ ( represent ) to die is gain (no more suffering of any kind ever). so we ( Christians) recognize the loss of someone, while sad to us because we can't see them anymore, is great for them. It is my belief they wouldn't leave God to come back here even if they could.

To the atheist there is nothing so you sit around wondering how God could allow an innocent child to die.

Edit: that was for PJ

I understand your concern and if I take the fatalist point of view that says God is going to do whatever he wants anyway, there would never be any need to to do it.

I take a view that believes God does and can change His mind... evidence found through out scripture of this fact... The greatest example of this was when I was under his condemnation and judgement (as a lost sinner) before I prayed, but after I prayed (asked His favor and forgiveness) He in a sense of the word changed His mind and attitude toward me...

Therefore I pray,...just not often enough :closedeyes:

Great discussion... glad I found this forum, but going to be out for a while..Family gathering

Merry Christmas to all

again, not the point. Any God that allows innocents to truly suffer while others are miraculously healed of their ailments can't be described as a loving God by anyone thinking rationally.

The difference is perspective.

From a Christian perspective "to live is Christ ( represent ) to die is gain (no more suffering of any kind ever). so we ( Christians) recognize the loss of someone, while sad to us because we can't see them anymore, is great for them. It is my belief they wouldn't leave God to come back here even if they could.

To people like you, you act as if there is nothing so you sit around wondering how God could allow an innocent child to die or suffer.

Fify

Maybe if they followed Christ and gave their life to him, their suffering would stop.

you-suggested-that-x0pfo3.jpg

There are several prominent theories, but the consensus in the scientific community is that life did not spontaneously begin. It was a long, drawn out process of trial and errors.

Some theorized that single cellular life began deep in the oceans near vents in the ocean floors. They eventually became multicellular when resources were used up and they necessitated a community to survive.

Others theorized that life began on land, in a hot spring of sorts - which has had recent evidence uncovered in support of this theory. From there life went many directions.

If you're looking for human life specifically, then Africa would be a good answer. That's where our closest relatives live and evidence shows that early tribes originated in Africa, then traveled different directions to eventually for the races and communities we have today.

Life from non-living matter could have been brought to earth on a meteor or asteroid in the form of amino acids, which are the basic building blocks to life. They could have also formed from the elements by pure chance. The only answer I have in that respect is that I highly doubt there will ever be a definitive answer to that question.

Science is awesome.

If what you say is true it's because Jesus commanded it to happen that way. He formed the heavens and the earth and everything in between.

Missed the memo where Jews believed in Christ?

Just saying.

Say less and learn more. Jews don't recognize Jesus as the Messiah...

Christianity and Judaism recognize the same God, mostly.

You can split hairs, but human suffering will continue no matter which god you choose. If there is a god that is omniscient and is omnipotent - and still let the Jews get slaughtered after they put faith in him.

Well, that's no god I'd want to worship...

How did Jesus do it when he wouldn't come around for several thousand years?

You'd think that someone who professes such knowledge would have the ability to distinguish from Jesus and Yaweh.

Last edited:
You guys are too deep for me and it's not my style to try and figure it out. My faith keeps me going and I try and live by the GOLDEN RULE. God Bless all of you during this special time and say your Prayers. Merry Christmas.

VN Store

Back