When do you expect results/lose patience?

When do you expect results/lose patience?

• Total voters
Year 3 is the make it or break it year.

1-2 shouldn't be the judge unless we get worse which would be surprising to me. Hopefully we will see increments of success. It takes about two seasons for new systems to be implemented fully with the right personnel.

I'm tired of UTAD making disappointing hires and then expecting the fans to shoulder the burden of talent deficits and coaches' growing pains. Anything less than 9 wins in 2018 will be confirmation that we made another bad hire.

Reactions: 1 person
Like many wins/losses are not really what I am looking for. I mean yeah I don't wanna see us go 4/8 again. Honestly you can judge him and lose patience off the bat. Game management is the biggest thing you don't learn at a p5 program. You either have it when you get here or you never will. As long as he gets the max effort and manages the game I will be happy.

I really do not expect much until at least year 3. We are weak and lack depth. I don't put much stock in our average class ratings because you have to consider who was recruiting them. Butch got all "starry" eyed but did not seem to have a bigger plan. He did not recruit like Saban or Bellichik, filling holes on the team. He just recruited you based on your star rating.

BTW, I am not expecting a national championship or anything by year 3, just a good competitive product that wins the games they are supposed to and makes some of the big boys sweat. Year 5, when Pruitt has all of his players in place, is when I expect top level play.

By year 3 we should be legitimate contenders for a SEC championship. I give coaches 3 years no matter who it is. I know,a lot of variables play into that but it is what I think.
As for year 1 and 2,show improvement as the year goes along and be better at the end than you were at the beginning of the year.

Year 2.

Just about every great coach makes noise in year 2. If he can’t do it then it’s likely he never will.

Reactions: 4 people
Year 2.

Just about every great coach makes noise in year 2. If he can’t do it then it’s likely he never will.

Exactly. Saban, Meyer, Tressel, Jimbo, Smart, Carroll...

If we have one of THOSE type coaches... you'll see a marked improvement in year 2.

Reactions: 2 people
If there's still doubt by the Bama game in year 2 then he ain't the man. Not so much W/L record as how they play. If the Vols are pounding the cupcakes and taking the big boys to the mat in the 4th qtr even if they come out on the wrong end of the scoreboard then I'm in.

"Never" to parts A and B. In the current system the only results that matter at all are qualifying for the final four, final two if you're really serious about success. Make no mistake, they will joyfully continue taking your money, whether directly or indirectly through merchandise, advertising, et al. Out of my control and adds no value to my life, win or lose. Mostly still interested in observing the death spiral, autopsying the athletic department, and hoping the University of Tennessee will do something truly groundbreaking in regard to American tackle football.

Yikes! :jawdrop: Just till the soil and scrap the metal. We don't need a stadium, we are done:thud:

With each new coach we hire my patience gets less and less. I've waited 10 years now.... just saying.
this is exactly how I feel. We were due for a fan service type hire and the revenue numbers show that it was entirely doable. With 2 notable exceptions they could've hired anyone in the country with the money they're sitting on. I'm done giving these head scratcher hires the benefit of the doubt just because they wear orange for a while.

We should see dramatic improvement in year 2. This is where good coached prove that their process is working. A championship should be achievable in year 3 as that really is almost a full cycle of that particular coaches recruits. Pruitt has a total pass this year but I would still have a goal of the SECE division title while simply a bowl game is probably realistic.

Just give me players with passion and then show good game management skills, that's all I'm going to ask for at this point.

probably year 3. to me its not so much results as it is maintaining what ever level he gets too. first year will be inconsistent but I will be watching for major steps back in consistency.

Stomping Vanderbilt and not losing by 30 to Bama and Georgia would be just peachy.

Anything less than bowl eligibilty this year and I am gonna be even more skeptical than I am now.

VN Store

Back