When Animals Attack

I was hoping this was a thread of people sharing their own stories.
I was stung by a stingray last summer. Worst pain I've ever felt, and it lasted a solid two hours.
My middle daughter got stung by a man of war when she was little. I've never seen someone turn that red, and she still has scars, just a couple, but has them.

Good thing he wasn’t trying to poop.

This reminded me of a guy I knew in Pulaski County, Georgia. Was bird hunting and needed to poop. While doing the squat, got bit in the butt cheek by a small timber rattlesnake. Was lucky it did not do much damage to anything other than his ego at the time.

Folks want to say soon as he hit the water they can see a shark. IMO looks like waves made by the boat but he probably died by shark at the end, if not drown. All on a dare

Folks want to say soon as he hit the water they can see a shark. IMO looks like waves made by the boat but he probably died by shark at the end, if not drown. All on a dare

It’s hard to tell, but I’m kind of leaning towards that’s a shark (viewers pointed out how calm the water is) and that he was probably taken under by it which is why he was gone from sight so quickly but the floatation device wasn’t.

Reactions: VolFaninFla
I was hoping this was a thread of people sharing their own stories.
I was stung by a stingray last summer. Worst pain I've ever felt, and it lasted a solid two hours.
Did you step on it? I’ve stepped on lesser electric rays twice now….. not painful like a stingray, but they’ll give you a good shock and get you moving in a hurry.
Lesser electric ray - Wikipedia

Did you step on it? I’ve stepped on lesser electric rays twice now….. not painful like a stingray, but they’ll give you a good shock and get you moving in a hurry.
Lesser electric ray - Wikipedia
Yep, I stepped on it.
I went to an urgent care clinic to make sure I didn’t have any of the barb still in my foot.
They said most stingray wounds are in the foot or ankle, because people step on them. This summer, I’ll definitely abide by the “shuffle your foot” rule.

There’s a video of it, and looks like something right out of Jaws.
Yes, there is a link on the story I sent that shows it. You’re right, it reminded me of Jaws also.
What a horrible & terrifying way to die. His girlfriend will need some trauma therapy.

Reactions: Vjcvette
There was one last year in Australia guy swimming just off the rocks while folks fishing. I didn’t want to post it here and I’m sure folks have already seen it. It was a great white attack and was predation. Even sea gulls getting in on scraps, sad and graphic. I’m not sure you can find complete video now without sensor. Way bigger than that tiger.

There was one last year in Australia guy swimming just off the rocks while folks fishing. I didn’t want to post it here and I’m sure folks have already seen it. It was a great white attack and was predation. Even sea gulls getting in on scraps, sad and graphic. I’m not sure you can find complete video now without sensor. Way bigger than that tiger.
I saw that, and it was gruesome. Just a reminder that sharks absolutely do eat people. That great white kept coming back for seconds.

This reminded me of a guy I knew in Pulaski County, Georgia. Was bird hunting and needed to poop. While doing the squat, got bit in the butt cheek by a small timber rattlesnake. Was lucky it did not do much damage to anything other than his ego at the time.

Had a friend with similar urges when he went deer hunting. He always, and I do mean always, came back out of the woods minus a hat and one sock.

Reactions: GroverCleveland

VN Store

Back