What's in the Senate health care bill?

No, because I agree it's not right - but that was never my point.

You have no point.

As the mid terms roll around I hardly think being a complete obstructionist and whining about a perk taken away will play well with the voters.

You have no point.

As the mid terms roll around I hardly think being a complete obstructionist and whining about a perk taken away will play well with the voters.

There's a difference between a point not being made and your inability to understand it. Whatever you say though - I'm sure there will be pain, there always is - yet the same guys and gals always seem to get re elected.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm sure people will cry about Trump being vindictive - particularly Congress. And nobody will care because it was unfair in the first place.

You've miscalculated again because i think the legislature is equally inept as trumpo.

I'm simply being honest about politics as it relates to human nature. If you believe that punishing shameless senators and congressman will shame them into anything you're delusional. They already poll in the teens - where do you think they're going to be backed to a point where they g.a.s.?

I actually hope trump does attempt to punish the entirety of the U.S. legislature - it will mean that his agenda will get shut the fuq down for the next 3 years.

Big ups for gridlock.

Feels like we are already there. So far, the republican congress hasn't done much in the way of favors for Trump, except the Gorsuch appointment. The flip side of this could be if Trump goes to Collins, Murkowski, McCain and some moderate Dems to make changes to the ACA that are needed, further angering the incompetent republican legislature. They would seal their fate in the midterms if they stomped their feet, held their breath and refused to allow those changes to pass after laying a complete turd in their ill fated attempt to repeal/replace Obamacare. The R's have a credibility/reliability problems now with their base. They can little afford to have Trump go around them and start cutting deals across the aisle. That's a corner I don't think the R congress wants to find themselves backed into.

You both need to take a timeout and sit in the corner and just think about what you said...

Why? They should be able to do something. Trump could make a huge deal of it and tell them and the American people that failure wasn't an option. You'd have 8 people with their careers on the line if they failed. As it is now, they are just another face in Congress. It would also put a lot of pressure on Congress to pass it.

IMNSHO, these guys might find more common ground than they realize.

You halt the payments because they're illegal. People should assess the viability of Obamacare by understanding the implications without it being propped up by illegal payments.

So they have to provide the coverage but don't get paid for it?

Do you realize what that would do to premiums for the rest of us? Have you given that any thought whatsoever, or are you just spouting out labels and GOP mantra chants?

Reactions: 3 people

Do you realize what that would do to premiums for the rest of us? Have you given that any thought whatsoever, or are you just spouting out labels and GOP mantra chants?

A little irony here....

So you do see that it's a completely unsustainable program. A complete **** up.

Perhaps that is what it will take for people to understand why it must be repealed

Feels like we are already there. So far, the republican congress hasn't done much in the way of favors for Trump, except the Gorsuch appointment. The flip side of this could be if Trump goes to Collins, Murkowski, McCain and some moderate Dems to make changes to the ACA that are needed, further angering the incompetent republican legislature. They would seal their fate in the midterms if they stomped their feet, held their breath and refused to allow those changes to pass after laying a complete turd in their ill fated attempt to repeal/replace Obamacare. The R's have a credibility/reliability problems now with their base. They can little afford to have Trump go around them and start cutting deals across the aisle. That's a corner I don't think the R congress wants to find themselves backed into.

Interesting perspective - I hadn't considered that. I would be shocked to see the democrats work with trumpo for any reason, no matter the offer. Dem's are just as hard headed.

So you do see that it's a completely unsustainable program. A complete **** up.

Perhaps that is what it will take for people to understand why it must be repealed

I understand you are nearly as desperate as Trump to get a win and so you'd rather choke off the funding to create chaos, even if it hurts a lot of people in the process.

Reactions: 6 people
Trump studying executive action on healthcare, senator Rand Paul says

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Senator Rand Paul said he spoke to President Donald Trump by phone about healthcare reform on Monday and told the president he thought Trump had the authority to create associations that would allow organizations to offer group health insurance plans.

Paul, a Republican, told reporters that Trump was considering taking some form of executive action to address problems with the healthcare system after the Senate failed last week to pass a measure to reform the system.

Allowing groups like AARP, which represents retirees, to form health associations could enable individuals and small businesses to form larger groups to negotiate with health insurance companies for lower rates.

here's another example of how awesome the ACA/POS is:

http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/annabel...ne-health-insurer-option-under-obamacare-2018

"The map currently shows that nationwide 49 counties are projected to have no issuers, meaning that Americans in these counties could be without coverage on the Exchanges in 2018," a press release for the agency states. "It's also projected that 1,332 counties—over 40 percent of counties nationwide—could only have one issuer in 2018."

Let the ACA crash and burn on its own....

Reactions: 2 people
Republican donor from Virginia Beach sues GOP, accusing the party of fraud over failed Obamacare repeal

A retired attorney in Virginia Beach is so incensed that Republicans couldn't repeal the Affordable Care Act he's suing to get political donations back, accusing the GOP of fraud and racketeering.

Bob Heghmann, 70, filed a lawsuit Thursday in U.S. District Court saying the national and Virginia Republican parties and some GOP leaders raised millions of dollars in campaign funds while knowing they weren't going to be able to overturn the ACA, also known as Obamacare.

The GOP "has been engaged in a pattern of Racketeering which involves massive fraud perpetrated on Republican voters and contributors as well as some Independents and Democrats," the suit said.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm tired of government interference in my health care. They should allow the free market to dictate insurance costs. They should tell employers that they don't have to offer affordable insurance to their employees. Do away with the employer mandate and watch the free market thrive while at the same time reduce health insurance costs.

Then I woke up from my conservative bliss and back to reality.

VN Store

Back