What's happening?

You basically have kids that are the #1 player or the stud on their highschool team that is praised by family, students and coaches. They are offered a scholarship with dreams of putting up numbers and stats in college as they are accustomed to at their school, they are offered the opportunity to come in compete for playing time which some not all of them think its a given or they deserve and it basically doesnt pan out that way. Coaches are more demanding in colleger and the kids cant handle being 2nd or 3rd team and get mad and feel like they were lied to. Kifs and parents grow unhappy and decide to pursue other options. Lets be honest...vic, sawyers, jenkins etc are NOT the same level players as phillips, williams, mckenzie.

Reactions: 2 people
Alls I know is if Bob Mueller comes in here and announces some more rumors I'm going to personally drive to Nashville and whip his ass during the 10 o'clock news.
Ill pay for your gas I'm 9 hours away. Depending on the OC hire nothing catastrophic has happened. Ill wait for official confirmation on the transfers.

Well the speculation surely doesn't help any but forgive me if I wait for something official and don't rely on info from screen names I've never seen before

which is fine but you implied they were passing along false info by calling them trolls. Seems you're pretty wrong on that one

Reactions: 1 person
We have to make room for just about every new commitment from here on in. We signed 32 in the last class, which means we can be selective in who sticks around. None of these players are big losses. Even Hendrix and Sawyers, because we have good players at that position remaining and some good freshmen coming in.

Truth be told, we needed to thin last years class out a little bit.

When u get top flight recruiting classes this is typical. The players leaving aren't significant when compared to the other recruits coming in. This what went on through the earlier fulmer years. It's just been a while. The time u worry is if upcoming players decommit in MASS.

which is fine but you implied they were passing along false info by calling them trolls. Seems you're pretty wrong on that one

And I may very well be wrong.... If I see a random name pop up and claim insider information, they might be a troll. Sorry to offend you :hi:

Guys even with all that's happened with the oc leaving, and rumors of transfers, I'm still more optimistic about this team than I have been in years. Look at who we have coming back, look at the studs coming in. It'll be ok.

For months many VNers have been asking how CBJ is going to make room for all these new stud players. Now that this question is being answered, curiously just before NSD, why the brouhaha? Throughout most of the season many VNers have been questioning the OC's play calling. Now he's being replaced (Quit my a$$!). BUTch isn't going to insult the man by announcing to the public that there are better OC's out there...and probably that man's name's to be announced shortly. To top it off, on the heels of players leaving, this ignorable OP named Bob Dufus or something is eliciting attention by bemoaning weakly substantiated rumors of players leaving, announcing the opening of football's floodgates from hell. Give it a rest. The most predictable actions have been those of trolls and dumba$$es declaring the sky's falling...again. We optimistic "sunshine pumpers" call all this SOP for CBJ. Yes, VNers. That sun is most definitely shining on the Tennessee Vounteers. Don't think so? I'll hang up and listen.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back