What's Everyone Think of The Sports Animal?

I play trivia against Rice Wednesday nights. Talked to him for a couple minutes tonight. Said this has been easily the worst week he's had since he started the show with Ainge. Genuinely felt bad for him. Mentioned that, in order to try to distance themselves from the negativity, they tried to break down certain plays. Then they apparently got calls telling them to stop blaming the players and blame the coach instead. Tough job sometimes.

I play trivia against Rice Wednesday nights. Talked to him for a couple minutes tonight. Said this has been easily the worst week he's had since he started the show with Ainge. Genuinely felt bad for him. Mentioned that, in order to try to distance themselves from the negativity, they tried to break down certain plays. Then they apparently got calls telling them to stop blaming the players and blame the coach instead. Tough job sometimes.

Yeah, I sent him a message on Sunday afternoon telling him I felt for them this week. I felt bad for the two of them given the toxicity of this market, it can't be enjoyable.

They've done an admirable job trying to keep things on the rails, and thankfully callers seem to have lightened a little as the week has gone on (aside from one snide dork they had to blow up).

I can imagine they're having a difficult time this week. They're a bit different than most shows in that they usually challenge the hot take people. You can tell it frustrates them at times when the usual inbreds call and just say dumb things that have been rehashed nonstop for 5 days. They're doing a good job building a decent caller base and screening out some of the riff raff, but given that 95% of the airtime in this market goes to that same old formula, its going to take a while to change things.

Ainge is the best in the market right now. He's matured tremendously from his 1180 days, and working with Brian has been great for him. He can take his media career as far as he wants to take it.

He has an innate ability to be understanding and genuine with his audience without being overbearing, narcissistic, or condescending.

He's also great at mixing football terminology to showcase his knowledge of the sport and to explain plays over the air (without visual aids).

Ainge is the best in the market right now. He's matured tremendously from his 1180 days, and working with Brian has been great for him. He can take his media career as far as he wants to take it.

He has an innate ability to be understanding and genuine with his audience without being overbearing, narcissistic, or condescending.

He's also great at mixing football terminology to showcase his knowledge of the sport and to explain plays over the air (without visual aids).

Jarnigan and Rice have been very good for him (along with growing up a good bit).

I've never really listened to hinge and Bruce, but i want to give them a try, where is the best place to find their podcasts and on what show did they break down the plays against UF

I've never really listened to hinge and Bruce, but i want to give them a try, where is the best place to find their podcasts and on what show did they break down the plays against UF

I just use the apple podcast app, but they make them available on their app, the website, etc.

Search WNML podcasts and that should get you started.

Ainge has the potential to be on a major network. He's a very bright guy.

I've been straight podcast lately, on my 40minute drive to work I just get too many commercials while John and Jimmy are on, and in the Am I'd rather listen to tires hum.

The Drive is growing on me. I'm not a fan of Bear tho.

Bear is more tolerable than Phil or Jamie would be. Russell is a smart guy, but he tends to act like a clown. Terry Fair was a good balance to Russ' schtick, but he's on to better things now.

Ainge is the only thing worth listening to on the Animal. I listen to Basilio too just because it is entertaining and makes me lol sometimes.

VN Store

Back