Doug Dickey

Ranking
Coaches #2
AP #2

Lost to Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl 24-26

10-2-1
Majors
Beat Indiana in the Peach Bowl.

I was born 2 days after the 55-13 win over Ole Miss.

Record: 9-2 SEC 6-0
SEC Champions

Doug Dickey

Ranking
Coaches #2
AP #2

Lost to Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl 24-26

Same for me. The Vols opened up the year with a loss at UCLA, then won 9 straight before the loss to Oklahoma. It was a good year.

The 1950 Tennessee Volunteers football team represented the University of Tennessee in the 1950 college football season.

and

The 1965 Tennessee Volunteers football team (variously "Tennessee", "UT" or the "Vols") represented the University of Tennessee in the 1965 college football season.

As opposed to.....just askin....

Last edited:
4-6
Bowden Wyatt

But in the final game, we beat Vandy 30-0 because we always kick the **** out of Vandy!

Not to call BS on you or anything, and for those of you who think we are at rock bottom now:

B Dub
5-4-1
Tied Bama
Lost to Vandy and Ky Jelly in addition to Tech and Ole Piss.

I know last year sucked, but it could have been even suckier.

Johnny Majors
9-1-2 (5-1 SEC)
Beat #2 Miami 35-7 in the Sugar Bowl.

The Volunteers offense scored 325 points while the defense allowed 140 points. At season’s end, the Volunteers ranked fourth in both the AP Poll and the Coaches' Poll. The 1985 Vols were later known as the "SugarVols," due to their win in the Sugar Bowl over #2 Miami.

Last edited:
1941 - John Barnhill in his first year because Gen. Neyland was fighting for this country...Record 8-2 overall, 3-1 SEC....Yes, I'm old as dirt but my blood has run Tennessee orange since then....

Reactions: 1 person

Coach: Bowden Wyatt
Record: 6-2-2
SEC: 3-2-2

Players drafted into the NFL: Mike Lucci, Billy Majors, Charlie Baker, Lebron Shields.

1956. Bowden Wyatt. 10-1. #2 ranking (no BCS title game). Majors second in Heisman voting. A storied season all around.

Reactions: 1 person
Not to call BS on you or anything, and for those of you who think we are at rock bottom now:

B Dub
5-4-1
Tied Bama
Lost to Vandy and Ky Jelly in addition to Tech and Ole Piss.

I know last year sucked, but it could have been even suckier.

The only player that I could find drafted was Jerry DeLucca in the expansion draft, however, when I search on our '59 roster, I can't find him. When I click on his name in the Wiki listing from the 1959 UT team, it says he played for MTSU. Any help on this. This could probably be the worst UT year that I have seen so far...losing to Vandy and KY and no one drafted.

9-3

Coach Johnny Majors

Lost to Florida, Alabama and Penn State in the Fiesta Bowl

Same for me.

I was born the day Bear Bryant died.

I could say about 100 different things in response to this that to me would be meaningful and true but could very possibly get me banned from VN and likely have Harvey Updike poisoning me in my sleep. So I won't.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back