What TN players have entered the portal ?

May want a better db coach. surely, all of our db recruits aren't pitiful players.
The new ones haven't been playing that badly. I have a feeling you might get your wish, though. They would have to negotiate a contract for the current, very unpopular one. Probably not going to happen. I wonder if the new member of our AD Administration has any potential candidates in mind?

It would be the most TN thing ever to try and fill our holes with players from one of the few teams we beat the hell out of.
What an odd point. First, we didn't "beat the hell out of" Kentucky. Second, they won only one fewer game than we did. Third, they played Missouri closer than we did, beat Florida, and beat a top 10 to close out the season. Fourth, what difference does any of that make if the actual player is good? These are mostly 4-star players.

Good luck Mo..hate to lose anyone but these young men have to do what’s best for them.
And ultimately we can only keep 83 spots. We have to do what's best as a program too. Im sure the staff will help him land in a good spot

And ultimately we can only keep 83 spots. We have to do what's best as a program too. Im sure the staff will help him land in a good spot
He played in 5 games this year so I hoped he was going to stay. With him leaving that means we have 3 of the 5 OL from the 2022 class and all 3 wil be redshirt sophomores next year. All 4 of the OL signees from 2023 redshirted so they will be red shirt freshmen.

Last edited:
I'm hearing we will not be getting very many incoming Portal guys and will be very selective in the few we take. Its time some of the younger guys step up.

Reactions: Sarms58
I'm hearing we will not be getting very many incoming Portal guys and will be very selective in the few we take. Its time some of the younger guys step up.
I mean this with all respect, but...that's not groundbreaking info.

You're never gonna build a program with transfers. You're going to take at the most, ten guys who can come in and plug in and play in positions of immediate need. Your lifeblood is always going to be high school recruiting and development. If a transfer can't come in and help immediately, there's not a ton of reason to get him.

So, im sure what you're hearing is correct...because it is the approach that every team not named Colorado takes.

You're never gonna build a program with transfers. You're going to take at the most, ten guys who can come in and plug in and play in positions of immediate need. Your lifeblood is always going to be high school recruiting and development. If a transfer can't come in and help immediately, there's not a ton of reason to get him.

So, im sure what you're hearing is correct...because it is the approach that every team not named Colorado takes.
I’d expect 7-9 portal guys to come in. I don’t know if that’s “not many,” but it’s about right for what we need.

you are correct sir, you wont. what they do help with is temp solutions when recruits either dont workout or transfer

VN Store

Back