What SAT score is needed to get into UT?

I was offered a 17k scholarship to Carson Newman and 20k to Maryville college a few years back with a 24 ACT and a 3.9 GPA. Surely a 29 can get you a full ride to a lot of places. The other colleges I applied to like Belmont, Samford, UTC, and UTK I wasn't offered as much - only about 3-7k.

When I was looking at schools, a 31 ACT was the critical number for instate students. If you had that, then you had basically a "full ride". I don't know if there were GPA restrictions associated with that or not.

Thanks. Yeah i'm going to get some money from the lottery from my ACT but I have some extremely smart friends and none of them are getting full rides though alot of them are get a substantial amount payed for.

When I was looking at schools, a 31 ACT was the critical number for instate students. If you had that, then you had basically a "full ride". I don't know if there were GPA restrictions associated with that or not.

it is weird, because Milligan only offers full rides in very exceptional cases, most people consider a 50% deal like I got the best you can get, but the state schools scholly numbers were very low. I started in 1999, well before the Hope Scholarship. Would have been nice to have that in the pocket too.

The GI bill is your friend. Being out of state, Tuition alone is 20k, not to mention the additional 10k for room and board, etc. GI bill with yellow ribbon program will cover about 12,500 of it, then another 3k from my Purple Heart (hopefully, only about 1/4 of applicants get it) 4,000 in grants, and hopefully a little from the UT General Scholarship fund. So I'm still going have to borrow about 10-11,000 dollars, but it's worth it.

VN Store

Back