What Non-Freshmen Players Do You Expect to Make the Biggest Leap on Defense?

Though I do expect to see TKJr on the field, I don't see TKJr moving L. McNeil out of the starting lineup. They had similar ratings comming out of high school, and the extra year under this staff should allow McNeil to begin to reach his potential.

Yeah I am gonna assume his speed on the field was because of the scheme and getting used to it. He seemed lost back there.. But, I wouldn't mind seeing Mcneil make a move to a OLB at all. Kid can hit . Especially if all of these young guns with serious speed start to show out at Safety .

Mcneil was one of my favorite recruits in that class. Hope the best for him .

Vereen, JRM and get this Coleman due to his move to NB. Sutton will improve but he was already playing a high level.

Dark horse pick would be O'Brian and J. williams.

Reactions: 1 person
The most improved player is hard to guess. Normally it's a guy who gets a lot more playing time. I expect Vereen to burst onto the scene, but as far as improvement I am going to go with Justin Coleman. New position that much better fits him. I think Coleman has a senior year to be proud of, and finally gets out of the blogger doghouse.

Player that will make the biggest impact though will certainly be Curt Maggit. I honestly think he will be our best defensive player and you will be able to see very clearly what a difference he makes when he's healthy.

Justin Coleman will be pushed to keep his job, look for Elliott Berry to fill that spot late.

Maggit is such a hugh player to get back on the field, he is sneaky good.

Brian Randolph with the added 25 lbs and to keep his speed going to be a player noticed early.

AJ Johnson will look more like a NFL LB now that he will be surrounded with good or great players around him. Look for AJ to get some sacks now the other LBs can help support the hole.

The man up front Corey Vereen will be the number on the field will impress many.

Reactions: 1 person
Really hope Saulsberry will make big strides this year!

He also makes a darn good steak! :blink:

chilmonty-albums-my+pics-picture5086-index.jpeg

I didn't even think about Saulsberry, we never did get to see his best before he got hurt so I hope he is an absoute animal!

Reactions: 2 people
Justin Coleman will be pushed to keep his job, look for Elliott Berry to fill that spot late.

Brian Randolph with the added 25 lbs and to keep his speed going to be a player noticed early.

AJ Johnson will look more like a NFL LB now that he will be surrounded with good or great players around him. Look for AJ to get some sacks now the other LBs can help support the hole.
The man up front Corey Vereen will be the number on the field will impress many.

Yeah, I can see AJ doin some blitzing now that he has his flanks covered.

Team speed upgrade will make it look like we have two extra defenders this year.

Though I do expect to see TKJr on the field, I don't see TKJr moving L. McNeil out of the starting lineup. They had similar ratings comming out of high school, and the extra year under this staff should allow McNeil to begin to reach his potential.

One of the freshmen will absolutely move McNeil out of the starting safety position opposite Randolph IMHO. Either TKJr or McDowell. A near 100% lock.

So right! 'Particulary regarding AJ. He's monstrous in the middle and along the line, but quick coverage and catching what's not been contained at the ends are his weaknesses, Those tasks shouldn't be his job if the DEs are keeping them inside and the DBs and OLBs are covering. He was smart to stick around.

I want to say Dan O'Brian. Dude was a Top 100, borderline 5 star recruit. He's arguably our most important player this year. Really need him to blow it up this year.

You are correct sir, Danny Boy stands to be THE difference maker on defense next year. If we see him in the opponent's backfield allot, our guys can make up for our lack of a true nose tackle.

On all the Cam Sutton hype, not putting him down, but Cam got allot of opportunities to make plays as a freshman because opponents kept throwing (and running) his way. Overlooked is the fact that, though he did make big plays, Cam got beat allot too. The best CBs don't make many highlight reels because the ball doesn't come their way that often.

Maybe Ryiad Jones (sp) will get his stuff together for his final go around
Maybe Owen Williams can be the shorter faster DT we've needed.

For the D I hope Coleman has a good year at a different position. I really want to see that kid succeed.

What about Riyahd? After the health issues does he contribute?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I don't think we have much to worry about Maggitt and Randolph.

We do need Coleman, McNeil, and O'Brien to play to their high school rankings. I think Coleman will benefit most this year and thus see the most improvement.

Would also like to see Miller and Vickers add some quality depth to the DE rotation.

VN Store

Back