What is wrong with you guys?!?

I expected it, and I'm proud of the effort the team showed, but I still don't like losing.
No one likes losing dude....he just saying that directing all this negativity at the coaches is ill-advised only 2 games into the season.

Sometimes as fans you do have to sit back and let the coaches coach and take a loss like this with a grain of salt.

No one likes losing dude....he just saying that directing all this negativity at the coaches is ill-advised only 2 games into the season.

Sometimes as fans you do have to sit back and let the coaches coach and take a loss like this with a grain of salt.

I understand that, and I really haven't voiced my opinions. I've just said I'm disappointed, that's all.

It's the only thing. At least for the immediate future.

Ut gained a new 12th man last night. My kid was literally star gazed when he walked into neyland last night. He was one of the loudest in the stands in our section. I wouldn't take a moment of it back.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I understand that, and I really haven't voiced my opinions. I've just said I'm disappointed, that's all.
We're all dissappointed when we lose like that...but those kind of losses early in the season can be the best tools for the coaches to help this team get better! Gotta stay positive...the players got down on themselves in the 2nd half last night and look what happened...
We've got recruits coming in and a lot more games to play so we have to shake it off and stay behind the team even in the face of a game like last night.

I wouldnt call the people that post on GVX 2/3 of our fan base. They are just the delusional jerk offs that dont have anything better to do than complain. I think 95% of our fan base supports Dooley and understands that this is a working progress.

I hope so.

Worse than anything is the people on these or any other board that seem to think if someone does not agree and see things their way then they are less of a fan or an idiot. Neither side is wrong because it's all opinions yours or theirs. Part of the posters here have had their head in the sand for years and the other half go on suicide watch when things go bad.

Worse than anything is the people on these or any other board that seem to think if someone does not agree and see things their way then they are less of a fan or an idiot. Neither side is wrong because it's all opinions yours or theirs. Part of the posters here have had their head in the sand for years and the other half go on suicide watch when things go bad.
Two things here; first, good post. Secondly, which side are you on? Head in the sand or suicide watch?

Two things here; first, good post. Secondly, which side are you on? Head in the sand or suicide watch?

Why I am a moderate of course! lol :)I hope I am not a head in the sand guy. I'd rather see the problems so they can be fixed rather than ignore them and hope they do!:)

I waited to post my comments so I could clear my mind (not that my opinion is important, just need to vent). I was hopeful but not delusional on this game. I know we are as thin as as a razor in some places. I know we are young. I know we are short on scholarship players. I kept all this in mind leading up to, during, and after the game. I knew there would be rough spots. However, I felt that we would come out give great effort & show heart. I was pleased to see the fight in our team in the 1st half. I was greatly disappointed in 2nd. I hate losing, but i can handle losing to a better team when players leave their all on the field. Oregon was clearly the better team last night. I can handle that. What I can't stomach is quitting. I am not a negavol, but I call it as I see it. We quit after the pick 6. CDD said it himself. That is what is most disturbing to me. We quit. As I said earlier we are lacking for talent/experience in many areas. BUT, it takes zero talent/experience to hustle. We stopped giving max effort in the 2nd half. To paraphrase Gen. Neyland, we carried the fight to the opponent in the 1st half but we didn't keep it there for 60 minutes. That bothers me, and I think CDD was surprised by that as well based on his comments. It was one game, and I am not giving up on the team I love, but I am very disappointed in the fight in the team last night. Let me say it once again, It takes no talent/experience to hustle. To me that is the unforgivable sin in sports, life, or whatever one endeavors to do. I refuse to think that is the true character of the Vols. Here's to some senior leadership taking over and demanding nothing but total effort. Let's learn from this and move forward. The Gators are the next opportunity. Let's go seize that opportunity with maximum effort!
GO VOLS!!!! Disclaimer: sorry for the length/bluntness of the post. I am passionate about my Vols.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:
Yeah, I know. It's been this way for a while and it'll be like this for a while.

I'm pretty much over it now, it's time for Florida.

agreed. it amazes me at the people calling in on the talk show last night wanting dooley's head.

I wouldnt call the people that post on GVX 2/3 of our fan base. They are just the delusional jerk offs that dont have anything better to do than complain. I think 95% of our fan base supports Dooley and understands that this is a working progress.

I would bet that most that post over there also post here.

Bottom line is no one game, good or bad, will define the entire year for us at the stage we are at in rebuilding our team towards national title contention.

Bat.gif

Tis true. I havent seen that place as nasty in a long time. Good vibes from Neyland last nite. Keep up the good work people. Well for 3 quarters anyway.

I was there but I'm betting our "new" visitor wasn't

VN Store

Back