What is there to say about this?

Saban backed down when he realized the kid didn't know how to write 10 digits in a row correctly.

Amazing that saban can write a personal "note" to a recruit as a guarentee, yet this does not violate the 25 rule or the sign and place rule

Nick Saban to Atlanta RB: You can’t sign with Alabama until next year | AJC College Sports Recruiting

What other schools were recruiting you the hardest? “Tennessee came through and I only talked to them one time. They gave me a number and the number didn’t even work.

- Not a negavol by any means? But how the hell do we give a kid a number that doesn't work? Ha

I believe the kid mix something up, if it was just a number that didnt work...he could get a hold of someone at UT if need be....but I think it would be good of you to see if NICKY is good of his word...Let us know in 2013 if you will....then we will decide if it was wrong...but we all know TIDE over recruit to get the best in the nation....

Not trying to hate right but a strong spin on the negative. The kid has a bad knee and a 3 star on Rival ranked 36th in running backs. If we had gone after him would you say why are we after another 3 star running back with a bad knee?

Taylor said this in Feb. 2011 so I would think UT was never really in the running anyway so why waste time on him?
“If I had never gotten an offer from Alabama, I was looking at Florida and Georgia Tech,” Taylor said. “Georgia Tech could have possibly ended up being where I went. But I didn’t really want to be close to home. I wanted to go away to college.”
A few other things.
He was the 7th player to commit over a year ago but now he is the 26th player they want.
• How did Nick Saban explain it to you? “Coach Saban said he wished he would’ve been able to tell me this in August instead of now. He said the only reason he can’t sign me is because he can’t sign 26 people. They can only sign 25 people. He said he was going to sign me with the next class. But he also said he would sign a piece of paper to show that they are keeping their word – they are going to sign it and they want me to sign it to make sure I know I still have my scholarship.”
• What do you think happened? “Coach Saban just said I’m the 26th commitment. I would be the 26th signee. I guess he went and picked up somebody else. He said I make 26 and they only get 25. They talked about bringing me in next January.” [Note: Alabama has 27 commitments]

I guess CCG didn’t think it was worth his time at USCe or when he came to UT.
• What other schools were recruiting you the hardest? “Tennessee came through and I only talked to them one time. They gave me a number and the number didn’t even work. There was South Carolina and Georgia. They both stopped talking to me because I was committed to Alabama.”

VN Store

Back