What is the difference between the Tea Party and Republican Party?

So not liking when lower class white trash abuse the system makes me racist?

:swoon3:

yes you're racist but

That was a very telling comment. If you are honest with yourself and think about how you view black people in the context of your statement, I think you will see what I am talking about.

you just don't realize it. It's a tricky thing but thankfully we have LG here to keep us honest.

Of course he denies his own bigotry but that's probably for another thread

yes you're racist but

you just don't realize it. It's a tricky thing but thankfully we have LG here to keep us honest.

Of course he denies his own bigotry but that's probably for another thread

Well dang, suddenly I feel enlightened and free. I suppose I'm still a racist as I'm not changing my views, but at least I understand I am a racist now.

So it isn't about TP members being fed up with high taxes and out of control spending, ever expanding entitlement programs (more white people use this than any other race by the way) etc. Race is the driving component here IYO. I know you tried to explain it but please go into further detail in how you've come to the opinion that race is the main driving factor here because it's not making much sense to me.

Well dang, suddenly I feel enlightened and free. I suppose I'm still a racist as I'm not changing my views, but at least I understand I am a racist now.

Admittance is the fist step to rehabilitation, comrade. Now that "the cat is out of the bag", so to speak, you can be admitted to Our Glorious Mental Reconditioning Center.

That was a very telling comment. If you are honest with yourself and think about how you view black people in the context of your statement, I think you will see what I am talking about.

I am not surprised that others dismiss the observation by simply calling it race baiting. The notion that they make assumptions about blacks because of their, as I say, disproportionate association with being lower class, is either too complicated for them or hits a little too close to home.

The truly sad thing is that you are probably very proud of yourself for composing this utter garbage.

There is definitely a racial element to it, but that doesn't mean it is based in racial animosity. Because blacks make up a disproportionate share of the poor in this country means that they also use a disproportionate share of social spending benefits.

While I have no doubt that some have made the assumption that they do so because they are black, the vast majority of the people I am talking about within the TP use race as a proxy simply for what they perceive to be users of the system who don't contribute.

Being dark skinned is a proxy for many that a person is uneducated, lazy, and living off of the hard work of others. Doesn't make them racists, necessarily, though certainly some are. Its more a class warfare issue than a race issue.

Using your nutty logic, if I am against social programs then I am more anti-white than anti-black since more whites receive public assistance than blacks.

This "disproportionate" stuff is crap. The majority of people who think there are too many government handouts and that such hand outs hurt more than the help don't give a rat's arse about who gets it - mostly whitey.

I am not surprised that others dismiss the observation by simply calling it race baiting. The notion that they make assumptions about blacks because of their, as I say, disproportionate association with being lower class, is either too complicated for them or hits a little too close to home.

I really could care less whether a person is white, black, red, green, blue or rainbow - I detest when people who are fully capable of working, providing for their family and produce for America are too friggin lazy to do it and would rather mooch off the system.

How in the world can you possibly draw a racial context out of that?

I really could care less whether a person is white, black, red, green, blue or rainbow - I detest when people who are fully capable of working, providing for their family and produce for America are too friggin lazy to do it and would rather mooch off the system.

How in the world can you possibly draw a racial context out of that?

I actually had this line thrown at me by some idiot friend of my wife's:

"You're creating a smokescreen of excuses that you're using as a cover for the fact that you actually are racist."

"You're creating a smokescreen of excuses that you're using as a cover for the fact that you actually are racist."

I would say that he is "smoking" the same thing that LG is.

You let your wife remain friends with this woman?

are you arguing that white people who abuse the system aren't trash?

The issue isn't use of the word "trash," its that he made the distinction at all as "white."

Calling someone "trash" implies that they are inferior or have lesser value because they use the social spending benefits. Adding the descriptor white makes it seem as though they are out of the ordinary as far as the system is concerned.

And that's the point. As long as blacks use the system in such larger numbers or ratios as whites, some feel it necessary to distinguish them from ordinary trash with the descriptor "white trash."

I find it difficult to believe that you cannot see that.

i phrased that poorly.

essentially the argument is that if you are anti illegal immigration taht means you are racist against hispanics because most illegals are hispanic.

Do you not think that a lot of white American identify with that? I hear comments from whites all the time basically admitting to that assumption. And in fact that it was the debate is about in Arizona, i.e. whether the new law out there is in some way an extension of the assumption.

Animosity towards a race based on the view that blacks or Hispanics have some inherent character flaw is one thing. The Klan and Hitler believed that.

Suspicion or criticism of a race based on the use of it as a proxy for something else, i.e. social spending, is completely different. Its just lazy, really.

The latter is bad but not nearly as bad as the former.

So it isn't about TP members being fed up with high taxes and out of control spending, ever expanding entitlement programs (more white people use this than any other race by the way) etc. Race is the driving component here IYO. I know you tried to explain it but please go into further detail in how you've come to the opinion that race is the main driving factor here because it's not making much sense to me.

I challenge your statement.

Blacks who use welfare, as a percentage of all blacks, is much higher than the whites who use it, as a percentage of all whites.

Using your nutty logic, if I am against social programs then I am more anti-white than anti-black since more whites receive public assistance than blacks.

This "disproportionate" stuff is crap. The majority of people who think there are too many government handouts and that such hand outs hurt more than the help don't give a rat's arse about who gets it - mostly whitey.

Again, challenge the statement.

The issue isn't use of the word "trash," its that he made the distinction at all as "white."

Calling someone "trash" implies that they are inferior or have lesser value because they use the social spending benefits. Adding the descriptor white makes it seem as though they are out of the ordinary as far as the system is concerned.

And that's the point. As long as blacks use the system in such larger numbers or ratios as whites, some feel it necessary to distinguish them from ordinary trash with the descriptor "white trash."

Do you not think that a lot of white American identify with that? I hear comments from whites all the time basically admitting to that assumption. And in fact that it was the debate is about in Arizona, i.e. whether the new law out there is in some way an extension of the assumption.

Animosity towards a race based on the view that blacks or Hispanics have some inherent character flaw is one thing. The Klan and Hitler believed that.

Suspicion or criticism of a race based on the use of it as a proxy for something else, i.e. social spending, is completely different. Its just lazy, really.

The latter is bad but not nearly as bad as the former.

Blacks who use welfare, as a percentage of all blacks, is much higher than the whites who use it, as a percentage of all whites.

Are you really such a logical bufoon that you can't figure out what I was trying to imply by my post?

Best I could find on the subject was a response to a blog question about the same thing:

there are no published figures that I can find from the AFDC but from what I know as far as raw numbers whites make up the majority in reciepients of welfare followed by blacks. In reference to size of population blacks have the highest reciepient percentage. Both groups are at around 40% but since blacks make up only 14% of the US overall population and there are 4 times more whites than there are blacks, that makes a big difference in how to read those numbers.

So, it is true there are more whites than blacks on welfare, but that is only because there is a much larger white population in the US. It is also true that there are more blacks on welfare than whites because more of the black population are on welfare in contrast to the number of whites on welfare in the white population.

he made the distinction of white because you said white people don't like payouts to blacks. are you really this dim?

People have told you the reason they don't like illegal immigration is because the immigrants are brown? really?

so per capita numbers are all people care about? You give people too much credit.

look for my responses

Are you really such a logical bufoon that you can't figure out what I was trying to imply by my post?

come on, he's playing a game and it's pretty funny after the insults he threw out in his last O'Donnell thread about word games and gotcha moments

You let your wife remain friends with this woman?

She's unfortunately a childhood friend. She's barely a friend anymore due to her going off to college and wasting years and hundreds of thousands on a Women's Studies degree (more power to her, I guess) and my wife getting a practical Finance degree.

I made a comment about her degree is nothing but a cover for her latent desire to be June Cleaver. Luckily, I share the last name of June's husband and my wife said "Well, that makes you her husband then, right? June, do what he says".

My wife and I enjoyed a good laugh and she stormed off. We don't bring up politics anymore. She's actually a good person so I don't hold it too much against her.

So what? The total number of recipicients is much higher for whites? Do you think TP members want to only cut govt bennies for blacks? Of course not.

People have told you the reason they don't like illegal immigration is because the immigrants are brown? really?

which must be why a large majority of Hispanics are also for the AZ law

She's unfortunately a childhood friend. She's barely a friend anymore due to her going off to college and wasting years and hundreds of thousands on a Women's Studies degree (more power to her, I guess) and my wife getting a practical Finance degree.

I made a comment about her degree is nothing but a cover for her latent desire to be June Cleaver. Luckily, I share the last name of June's husband and my wife said "Well, that makes you her husband then, right? June, do what he says".

My wife and I enjoyed a good laugh and she stormed off. We don't bring up politics anymore. She's actually a good person so I don't hold it too much against her.

You are a better man than I. There are few things in life that get under my skin more than when someone questions my character unfoundedly.

VN Store

Back