What if Jalen realizes how foolish he decision is:

Well whoever it is, those are some serious accusations.

In Butch's defense if no one realized Hurd may have a concussion and no test was done until after the game how could Butch be at fault?

I am no NCCA expert but it seems just like bad luck.

The argument posed by the battered jalen side has changed so much it honestly loses credibility.

Initially it was broken promises and lies about playing time then morphed into doesn't want to be a RB any more, to now a mismanaged concussion.
I'm sorry I liked the kid but this is starting to sound more and more like revenge and score settling from a disgruntled player than truth.

Hurd quit, no further injuries were sustained IF said concussion actually occurred, so it sounds as if he should just get about his business of transferring and training for the pros.

Jalen letting folks do his 'fighting' for him is telling to me.. Maybe (hopefully) he is taking the high road. If so, he should tell his friends and family to hush up and let it die. Evidently that's not happening though, so draw your own conclusions..

The thing that bothers me most is quitting on the team. Not just in the middle of the season, but in the middle of a damn game...

Assuming everything his 'support group' has said is true, that's still absolutely indefensible... Period..

In Butch's defense if no one realized Hurd may have a concussion and no test was done until after the game how could Butch be at fault?

I am no NCCA expert but it seems just like bad luck.

Nothing would happen to butch, but there are medical staff that get paid to do their job. People could lose their job, their livelihood. Also this could hurt the program recruiting. I'd make damn sure I knew with 100% certainty that the accusations were true before I threw them out there.

Behr I have been here along time.

You have too. Most don't even know my original name as you do nor why I changed it---it was a joke which you actually probably dont know. That poster doesnt even come around anymore unless he changed his name too.

I have posted things just to screw with people because I like a good boom. I have admitted that I have posted things like that.

But this is different.

I am not going to sit back and watch a kid get thrown under the bus. Unless he is a pathological liar, has fooled everyone one of his friends and family, and tricked the people closest to him, he had a concussion against GA and was not able to fly to AM.

He is not a diva. He is actually a pretty quiet kid.

And the yelling at the coach stuff is BS.

I gain nothing from sticking up for him at this point. All I gain is a bunch of posters on here hating me...which gets me nothing.

But I will be damned if I let the lies go by.

No one is perfect but he is not this cancer everyone is trying to make him out to be now.

The biggest problem right now is Jalen feels the coach has zero regard for his health. That is the issue. The main issue. Right or wrong, that is the center of the issue.

All of that is fine.

I just don't buy it. You said he was in Clarksville during the A&M game with blinds closed. You don't have pics just your eyes.

Then you say you don't know, all you can go by is what you have been told.

I could be wrong but I thought someone here had confirmed he was in Knoxville the Saturday we played A&M.

The whole thing is a cluster fawk anyway, and I really don't care.

Hope you and the Hot Asian are good.

I'm Done.

After reading the Tennessee Hurds reply in numerous threads . No , Thanks for your effort. Good Luck in your future endeavours .

All of that is fine.

I just don't buy it. You said he was in Clarksville during the A&M game with blinds closed. You don't have pics just your eyes.

Then you say you don't know, all you can go by is what you have been told.

I could be wrong but I thought someone here had confirmed he was in Knoxville the Saturday we played A&M.

The whole thing is a cluster fawk anyway, and I really don't care.

Hope you and the Hot Asian are good.

I'm Done.

My wife is good.

Hope your parents are good.

Real Estate is booming up there and here.

Good time to be a realtor.

For the sake of argument: If Jalen realizes his decision was selfish and impulsive; and he agrees to toe the line from here on. Can we / would we be able to keep him on the team?

Before I get blasted...Im not saying he would, or we should, etc...Im simply looking for debate.

Remember that this is a young kid that may have just made a rash decision that could very well change his course in life.

I believe it is far past that point. Nothing can be done in any manner to return him to the team. Decision was made

I have no idea what transpired, but I have a hard time believing he just packed it in mid season just because of the scheme. That makes no sense at all.

Reactions: 1 person
I have no idea what transpired, but I have a hard time believing he just packed it in mid season just because of the scheme. That makes no sense at all.

He definitely did not give his all for TN. He not only packed it in midseason he packed it in halfway through the SC game and the GA game. I do not buy the injury stories. I believe Butch and "the Hurd Camp" agreed to say he was injured to avoid the truth in the media. If he could quit on the team for the season he could definitely do it in a game. Maybe he can become a TE and be successful but he may have ruined his chances. Maybe he can join Tebow and try baseball.

Reactions: 2 people
We live in a society that believes in second chances. If Jalen apologized to the team and ask for forgiveness I believe they would welcom him back. But some people can't admit it when they are wrong.

Have another meeting and hash all this out and figure out a way to not let this happen. Heck the qb who transfered actually showed up at his new school and was able to come back. Come Back Jalen!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 2 people
No. It's over-time for everyone to move on. I would say it's what's best for everyone involved, although it probably isn't for Jalen long term since he just set his NFL stock on fire, but I'm sure he felt he just couldn't fake it anymore.

Have another meeting and hash all this out and figure out a way to not let this happen. Heck the qb who transfered actually showed up at his new school and was able to come back. Come Back Jalen!!!!!!!!!

I understand the sentiment, but once a guy leaves you in a foxhole all alone facing a bayonet charge by yourself, and somehow you survive it, are you ready for him to return to your foxhole? Not me, I frag that in the head and prepare myself for the next challenge.

Reactions: 3 people
I understand the sentiment, but once a guy leaves you in a foxhole all alone facing a bayonet charge by yourself, and somehow you survive it, are you ready for him to return to your foxhole? Not me, I frag that in the head and prepare myself for the next challenge.

What games have you been watching us play???

Reactions: 3 people
He's gone and he ain't coming back. It sucks and it makes the program and jalen look bad but it is what it is. I'd rather see John Kelly get the start anyways

If Hurd's only option is to declare for the NFL because he only has a year of eligibility left and therefore isn't eligible to transfer unless he graduates then he really needs to reconsider coming back to UT while he still can.

He could come back to UT and take the rest of the regular season off to recover and rest and move to TE for bowl practice for his Senior season.

tumblr_lrs84blxVU1qiyqyfo1_400.gif

All I keep thinking is why didn't Hurd come into this season with the attitude that I'm going to give my all for 12 or 13 games and leave Tennessee as the all time leading rusher. All he had to do is ball out this year and go get paid. I just don't get it. You see this all the time with athletes. All they have to do is keep doing what they have been doing and the money will be there for them, but they do selfish acts and ruin their opportunities. I'm not saying that Hurd won't make it, but his path will be harder and people in the draft will take what he did in consideration on their draft boards. There is no doubt that if he makes it to the league, his first contract has taken a huge hit.

Being a former HS coach for 15 years, I would say it is best to leave things the way they are right now. If he was considered a "cancer or distraction" in the locker room before, chances are it would only be worse. The team wouldn't truly trust him and nor should they. If he quit on them once before, who says he doesn't do it again. I was on a staff that allowed a kid to come back and it didn't get better. I had dealt with a similar situation earlier and didn't allow the kid back and I received a lot of grief from parents about "hurting the child" and so on. To me, you have to teach a kid some hard lessons and this is one.

VN Store

Back