What happened to all the talent?

I am not a huge fan of Butch but think it is a real **** play to keep posting that picture of him in the band. I will gladly give $500,000 VN dollars to anyone willing to post a picture of themselves at that age.

Not aimed specifically at you sir, just a comment in general. A 15 year old with zits in a band uniform could very well grow up to be the next Chuck Norris as well.

I don't disagree. You are right. There are plenty of coaches that never played football and have been successful. Vince Lombardi, Paul Brown, Bill Walsh & Bill Belinchek to name a few. Butch wasn't one of these though.

A lot of folks, me included, have felt like we were sold a bill of goods by Butch. Consider the picture backlash on that. Perhaps even classless backlash. The message is that perhaps he wasn't qualified and is there to show contrast. There is hope that Pruitt is the real deal.

My 15 year old picture is horrible. I busted out my teeth playing football and we had a small budget for dentistry. 12-18 I had steel teeth. Would gladly have swapped that for a trumpet.

When to I collect my half mil VN $$?

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    59.9 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: 2 people
For anyone to say that there is categorically no talent on the Vols football team is just dumb or seriously misinformed. This team has LOTS of talent they were just poorly coached.

So we need to be recruiting thugs and players that are going to get into trouble all the time???

No. Just no.

Didn't say that. But recruiting the Mormon Tabernacle Choir ain't working either. Maybe just tougher players, like the 90s players... like I alluded to...

Reactions: 1 person
I gotta admit - I drank the orange Koolaid in the offseason last year. My thoughts were that Butch had replaced some mediocre coaches with some better ones and all this so-called talent would shine on the field.

Picture below has been floating around and is more Koolaid. Hope it quenches the thirst!

Every time I see that picture of Butch I have a reaction like the one in Animal House when they flashed Kent "Flounder" Dorfman's picture up on bid night.

Attachments

• butch.jpg
    butch.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
For anyone to say that there is categorically no talent on the Vols football team is just dumb or seriously misinformed. This team has LOTS of talent they were just poorly coached.

That was true for this past season, but I'd check the roster before declaring Pruitt has LOT of talent to work with.

We have talent, we're just thin. And who knows if the talent we have fits the new systems.

I don't disagree. You are right. There are plenty of coaches that never played football and have been successful. Vince Lombardi, Paul Brown, Bill Walsh & Bill Belinchek to name a few. Butch wasn't one of these though.

A lot of folks, me included, have felt like we were sold a bill of goods by Butch. Consider the picture backlash on that. Perhaps even classless backlash. The message is that perhaps he wasn't qualified and is there to show contrast. There is hope that Pruitt is the real deal.

My 15 year old picture is horrible. I busted out my teeth playing football and we had a small budget for dentistry. 12-18 I had steel teeth. Would gladly have swapped that for a trumpet.

When to I collect my half mil VN $$?
Good on ya. It was deposited to your account. :)

And thank you for not taking my response to your post as a body slam.

I fins it amazing how vitriolic some on here are toward the man. It is almost as if they believe he intentionally tanked our program.

At least he didn't continue coaching for our mortal enemy after coming here.

8 wins would be a good start to the CJP era in 2018.

UT has experience at quarterback, some depth at running back and some potential play makers at wide receiver. They need to get some more depth on the offensive line.

Defensively, if McKenzie and Tuttle and Phillips and Kongbo can stay healthy for 2018. the line play should improve.

Bituli will be the key in the linebacking corps and Cimaglia should be the place kicker for next season.

8 wins would be a good start to the CJP era in 2018.

UT has experience at quarterback, some depth at running back and some potential play makers at wide receiver. They need to get some more depth on the offensive line.

Defensively, if McKenzie and Tuttle and Phillips and Kongbo can stay healthy for 2018. the line play should improve.

Bituli will be the key in the linebacking corps and Cimaglia should be the place kicker for next season.
I have zero confidence that Tuttle will make it thru the entire season. He reminds me of an article I once read about Sam Bowie. "You know it's basketball time in Kentucky when Sam Bowie breaks his leg"

VN Store

Back