What every other college teams fans think

I work with an eclectic bunch who are originally from all over the US. The Iowa fans got hazed for their loss to Purdue. The Bama fans rejoiced in their win over Miss St. The Michigan fans kept quite trying not to jinx anything. The Michigan St fans said hey we watched you guys game Saturday night and you guys got screwed. Then everyone started talking about the bad calls that lead to the fans losing it. Not a single person out of 30 made any comment about UT looking bad. The biggest Bama fan actually said its about time Neyland is rocking again and he can't wait for the game in Knoxville next year. Then they all discussed the lights in the stadium and how impressed they were with Hooker and our offense. At least 30 guys talking for 15 minutes straight, all college fans and not a single negative word said. Maybe it is different in other places but on my end that event got us a lot of recognition and put eyes on how poor the officiating was in the game. Might end up being a positive when its all said and done.
Referees have not been consistent as a group. I’ve seen a few that should be one and done

Reactions: vol05
Lmao. Of all fan bases I think Tennessee cares the least about what others think of them. Which I love
With the exception of a handful of jacklegs here that are more concerned about what the gaters think than anyone else, I agree.

Reactions: golfballs
Dude, an Alabama fan literally killed someone for making fun of an Alabama loss. Throwing mustard isn’t as big a deal as some are making it out to be.
We also haven’t been known to teabag opposing fans while they’re passed out. I’d much rather get hit with a golf ball or a bottle of French’s

Reactions: OrangeDrip
Don't care what they think. We know it was mostly drunken UT students & probably one-half of one percent who were being idiots throwing objects at the game. I've seen MUCH worse from other fans at games in the SEC.:rolleyes:

Don't care what they think. Clearly mostly drunk UT students the culprits. Have seen worse from other SEC fanbases over the years. Idiots will be idiots.
I agree with your estimate that it was a small fraction. 1/2% of 100,000 fans would be 500 people. No way there were more than 500 items on the field.

Reactions: feathersax
A player would have to be careful with he handled himself. But there might be a sponsorship from French's Mustard that could be grabbed. Something as silly as a player holding a bottle of the stuff saying (with recorder going) "There's no French's like Neyland's French's, it's the bomb!" Hahahaha, I'm joking...maybe I'm not.

Other fans can laugh while said player is depositing a check. lol

Reactions: FïreBall
We'll be fortunate if they don't discontinue beer sales. Or even worse, move our team back over to the east sideline, where it had been for many years because of this sort of thing.

Reactions: vol05
Talked to a few Ole Miss fans that were at the game. A wide range of emotions there. One said the stadium was impressive before all the crap getting thrown on the field. Actually surprised that Tennessee played them as close as they did; idk why they were expecting an easy game. Impressed with Heupel and Hooker.

After talking to them the general impression was the fans were mostly looking passed Tennessee this game.

All I care about is how our recruiting targets think about us. They saw a team fully embody their team slogan Saturday night. Except for a few knuckleheads, they also saw a fanbase that embodied that slogan as well. All of them, even those not in attendance, fully understand how passionate we are about our team. This is where I would want to play. Saturday night was electrifying like nowhere else in college football.

VN Store

Back