What did you just finish reading?

bignewt

The Scoffer Kid
Lab Rat
I know some of you still read books right? A few maybe? Let us know if you finish a good one.

I just read Dark Matter by Blake Crouch. Good read, the plot centers around alternate realities. Should make a good film.

I also read the graphic novel My Friend Dahmer, which also was just made into a movie. Very well done was interesting and dark.

Starting Lincoln in The Bardo tonight.

Just finished Sully last week. It was a good and quick read which was nice since it was my first read after finishing the Song of Ice and Fire series.

Going to start reading Jimmy Doolittle's autobiography on my break at work tonight.

Last one I read was a book by Mike Huckabee last month, can't remember the title.

Just got around to reading one I got at Christmas "Duel with the Devil: The True Story of How Alexander Hamilton and Aaron Burr Teamed Up to Take on America's First Sensational Murder Mystery" it was okay, does give a good look at the criminal justice system at the time though.

I just finished Header by Edward Lee and am about to reread IT by Stephen King.

It is definitely a good read. The Talisman is another great read. I might have to reread that one. Just finished rereading Suttree by Cormac McCarthy for the 3rd time. Reading a lot of 40's-50's-60's Sci Fi short stories now. It's fun going back and seeing how much of what they wrote has come into existence. You, also, get a cultural feel of those times in how the characters interact with each other.

Reactions: 2 people
It is definitely a good read. The Talisman is another great read. I might have to reread that one. Just finished rereading Suttree by Cormac McCarthy for the 3rd time. Reading a lot of 40's-50's-60's Sci Fi short stories now. It's fun going back and seeing how much of what they wrote has come into existence. You, also, get a cultural feel of those times in how the characters interact with each other.

Ive read all of McCarthy and Suttree is one of his best, of course we are a bit subjective.

IT will always be my favorite King novel The Road by Cormac McCarthy is another personal favorite of mine. Reading it will give you depression but it is such a beautiful story.

Heinlein, Clarke, and Dick are always my go tos for classic Sci-Fi. I've read Childhoods End at least 4 times in my life.

Reactions: 1 person
Probably going to reread the Dark Tower saga before the film comes out. I always thought it would make for a better TV series than movies but here's hoping they get it right.

Really want to pick up the book PING is coming out with "... and the Putter Went PING" but for 100 dollars I think I'll pass for now.

About to start Duty and Honor by Grant Blackwood (Tom Clancy) part of the Jack Ryan Jr series.

Echo burning by Lee Child.. Love the Jack Reacher novel's.. If you get a chance check them out..

Read the first two volumes of Paper Girls by Brian K Vaughn and Seconds by O'Malley the guy that wrote Scott Pilgrim.

Just finished reading Louis Lamour "Last of the Breed" for the third time. One of my most favorite.

VN Store

Back