What did you have for dinner II?

Mudardara

Organic lentils mixed with basmati rice, diced sweet onion, and Lebanese spices. Topped with caramelized onions.

Hummus

Chicken Shawarma Plate

A timed tested classic. Non-GMO Sliced chicken marinated in our house sauces and Lebanese spices, griddled. Served with garlic paste and hummus.

Hibiscus Tea

At Fresh Bites in Tampa

Mudardara

Organic lentils mixed with basmati rice, diced sweet onion, and Lebanese spices. Topped with caramelized onions.

Hummus

Chicken Shawarma Plate

A timed tested classic. Non-GMO Sliced chicken marinated in our house sauces and Lebanese spices, griddled. Served with garlic paste and hummus.

Hibiscus Tea

At Fresh Bites in Tampa
1. Do you have a recipe for the mudardara (no, iPhone, not “murders”) that you would share?

2. You make your own shawarma?! Do tell!

- Oh wait; these are restaurant menu descriptions. 😭😭😭

Reactions: knoxvol52
Yes, at a restaurant.
I was thinking tonight about trying to make it at home.
Found these. Let me know if you try them
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KGlw8Tr0x6k&pp=ygUQTXVkYXJkYXJhIHJlY2lwZQ==
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R6e7HItOVNA&pp=ygURQ2hpY2tlbiBTaGF3YXJtYSA=
Thanks! I have 12 more days of class, then finals, and then I get to start having fun again in the kitchen!
Ok, I watched the videos, and I’m absolutely trying the chicken shawarma first. I’ll post back when I do. Thanks again!

With that ramen the only true way to eat it is to drain the water from the noodles after cooking and sprinkle the seasoning on the noodles.
This is the only way. Sometimes I like to jazz them up and add sautéed chicken and veggies, top with chopped nuts and/or scallions. If you want to really get crazy, add some dashes of siracha and a dollop of kimchi. 🤌

I don’t really know what this was, but it was pretty good. I was going to try out a recipe for a shrimp and asparagus stir-fry, but when the bag-o-shrimp thawed, it bloated up, and well…

I shredded cooked chicken breast from a rotisserie chicken instead of the shrimp, and set aside. Then sautéed onion, garlic, and ginger in sunflower oil, added the sliced-up asparagus, plus some low-sodium soy sauce, Thai sweet chili sauce, and mirin, and steamed all that.

When the asparagus was almost tender, I added the chicken breast to heat up and soak up the flavors, and then dumped the whole thing on Minute brown rice (someone had eaten all the jasmine rice and didn’t mention it), and there it was.

I might try a more serious version of this one day when I’m not so busy.
1713572044769.jpeg

Last edited:
I don’t really know what this was, but it was pretty good. I was going to try out a recipe for a shrimp and asparagus stir-fry, but when the bag-o-shrimp thawed, it bloated up, and well…

I shredded cooked chicken breast from a rotisserie chicken instead of the shrimp, and set aside. Then sautéed onion, garlic, and ginger in sunflower oil, added the sliced-up asparagus, plus some low-sodium soy sauce, Thai sweet chili sauce, and mirin, and steamed all that.

When the asparagus was almost tender, I added the chicken breast to heat up and soak up the flavors, and then dumped the whole thing on Minute brow rice (someone had eaten all the jasmine rice and didn’t mention it), and there it was.

I might try a more serious version of this one day when I’m not so busy.View attachment 635510
Lovely.....and I bet it tasted wonderful...

This is the only way. Sometimes I like to jazz them up and add sautéed chicken and veggies, top with chopped nuts and/or scallions. If you want to really get crazy, add some dashes of siracha and a dollop of kimchi. 🤌
That is what I did tonight...and I just call it a noodle concoction......Ramen noodles, stirfry veggies, butter and tereoki sauce...I am a carb Girl anyway 😛
20240419_190819.jpg

Fried eggs, bacon, sausage links, biscuits and gravy, hash browns
That sounds delicious
Fried eggs - fried, check
Bacon - fried, check
Sausage links - fried, check
Biscuits and gravy - baked and stirred, works for me
Hash browns - fried, check

What's not to love about this?! - and yay for rosuvastatin 🤪

VN Store

Back