What Austin Thomas will be doing.

From everything I've been reading on twitter and the message boards, this doesn't seem like a money issue, so don't blame Bev and probably not Fulmer either. It sounds like a scope of responsibilities issue. At LSU, it seemed like Orgeron just turned over the entire football operations end to Thomas to run (probably a smart move for Orgeron) and maybe Pruitt doesn't want to have Thomas do so much? Or maybe Pruitt has guys he knows personally better than Thomas like Brian Niedermeyer who Pruitt wants to have a role in the operations command structure, and Thomas doesn't want to share with them? Total speculation on my part, but this it what seems to be the kinds of issues they are haggling over, not money.

This doesn’t seem like a huge item either way to me....

Better teams all over the nation have recruited up against LSU just fine. The article acts like he is a necessary component to every program, he’s not...obviously.

Surely we can find another pencil neck turd with similar skill sets if Austin Thomas decides he is more important than he is.

Doug Mathews just said "Austin Thomas will not be part of the University of Tennessee Athletic Dept". Now, there's a source for you.

Remember the Law of Tennessee football: if they can **** it up, they will.

Looks like Austin Thomas deal has been botched by those on The Hill and he will not be a part of this staff. For someone held to such high regard what in the hell could we have done to screw this up??!!??

This isn't over yet I don't believe. And it might not have been out fault. He left for USC last year only to return to lsu three months later.

This doesn’t seem like a huge item either way to me....

Better teams all over the nation have recruited up against LSU just fine. The article acts like he is a necessary component to every program, he’s not...obviously.

Surely we can find another pencil neck turd with similar skill sets if Austin Thomas decides he is more important than he is.

THAT is why we can't have nice things.

Reactions: 3 people
We are a pitiful program. So much incompetence...

Maybe Thomas wanted more authority than Pruitt was willing to give. I will say they had a verbal agreement and LSU gave him more authority to stay at LSU because it was stated it was not about the money; and Thomas ask for that, which was not in their original discussion and Pruitt did not want to give that up. Just my opinion.

To answer the Ops question... Austin Thomas will apparently not be doing anything within our football program.

Reactions: 2 people
Probably realized the pressure of competing for a playoff spot every single year starting with this one was going to be just too much, regardless of pay.

If you think Tennessee will be in the playoffs next year, I’ve got some beachfront property in Knoxville I’d like to sell you.

If you think Tennessee will be in the playoffs next year, I’ve got some beachfront property in Knoxville I’d like to sell you.

Does Momma know you're playing on the computer again?

"Computers are the devil!"

giphy.gif

Don't geaux away mad. Just geaux away.

Reactions: 2 people
He appears to be an asset, but I’m sure we’ll survive without him.

I felt like the hire was overblown reaction wise, which would make the cancelled deal overblown, if that is what is happening. He is thought highly in the program, but he is just one piece in a multiple piece puzzle.

The whole thing has been a bunch of over reaction. imo

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back