What are some realistic names

FearSmokey

for candidates to replace Holly if/when she ends up getting let go?

I know we all would love Staley or Mulkey or Brenda Frese but I don't think any of them would leave their current posts to take over our program.

What are some names of some coaches that would actually come here that would do the Lady Vols brand justice and have us competing for championships?

Would UK's Matthew Mitchell be up to the task?

If CHW is let go her replacement should be announced the following day. Currie may not want to fire a coach in his first year . :dunno:

I know we all would love Staley or Mulkey or Brenda Frese but I don't think any of them would leave their current posts to take over our program.

What are some names of some coaches that would actually come here that would do the Lady Vols brand justice and have us competing for championships?

Just curious, with several other active threads addressing this very topic, why start this one?

Reactions: 8 people
Personally don't think Holly will be let go or step down. If either one of those happens we will lose Diamond and Mercedes and a good chance some of the recruits go somewhere else. And we'll be in a very bad situation.
I think Holly needs to re-evaluate her coaching style because accountability has been an issue all year. I can remember Pat taking summer trips to learn various new concepts for upcoming seasons. I think the staff would benefit from a retreat of some sorts. There's no on floor leader so when a team goes on a run against us, we don't have that vocal Cierra Burdick. Depth will help next year because if you don't bring it or make a mistake, you come out and next person up.

Just my opinion.

Reactions: 3 people
She will be coaching here next year. And I do hope she will seek advice it is possible to continue to learn. You are right about floor general she does not have one That will be addressed next year squad.

I personally would like to see either Kara Lawson (HUGE recruiting plus and knows the game) or Becky Hammon from the Spurs (we might be one of a handful of jobs she would even consider)

Reactions: 2 people

You may want to wait about two years before compiling a list of head coaches. Holly will be at UT that long.

I say another 13 to 18 years.... that's how long Holly will be coaching. I'm not sure who will take over at that point. Maybe one of her assistants.

Reactions: 2 people
Whoa...several people who have never coached...where is the nut to throw Tyler Summitt's name out there? How about Pokey?

Crazy isn't it? Kinda like giving a 16 year old with a learners permit the keys to your aston martin vanquish....although Holly has the program headed toward Toyota Corolla level at a rapid pace.

A list of coaches who I think would be good for the job and help get us back to prominence:

Scott Rueck (my top choice, but unlikely since he's an Oregon State alum)
Mike Neighbors
Vic Schaeffer
Wes Moore
Jennie Baranczyk
Mike Carey
Karen Aston
Jeff Walz
Kim Barnes Arico
Jose Fernandez

Reactions: 1 person

I mean this in a nice way, when you say "I know we all would love" ... who is we all? Staley can recruit only so far, has no offense. So their wouldn't be a change in anything. Mulkey has lost her marbles. Brenda is a cheat, and is as bad as Geno. CPS would come back and haunt thompson bowling arena if any of the above people you mentioned were selected.

Reactions: 3 people

You are out of your ever lovin' mind. I wouldn't want any of those touching foot here. Not sure where the we came from, maybe you have a frog in your pocket.

Reactions: 5 people
ok, if you are so adamant about replacing Holly, then, damn it, I'll do it...didn't want to but you're forcing it on me...listen...Holly isn't going anywhere, right now, so pull for her and the present Lady Vols...and the incoming Lady Vols to succeed...other than that...you're just killin' time...:)

GO HOLLY AND GO LADY VOLS...EVERYWHERE

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back